My partner and I decided that we needed a weekend getaway, and since we live in one of the most exciting cities in the world, we decide to stay local. After much checking, we decided to go to the Standard High Line. To be honest, we chose it more because it sits above the High Line Park, than for its reputation as a hip hotel. We booked a one-night, two-days stay, and took the subway to get there. Now, maybe because we are not that "hip" we walked to the address, looking for a sign with the hotel's name, we didn't see any. We saw this revolving door at this building on Washington and West 13th Streets and went in, again, no signs. So we asked one of the persons at this small reception area, where was the Standard High Line hotel, and in his snobbiest voice told us "you are standing in it", well then...We checked-in. We had asked for, and received, one of the higher-up floors. We were very impressed by the decor, it was very modern, and urban. The elevator ride was an event in itself, as they have two screens showing a wild show and music. Our room left us amazed. It was elegant and well-arranged,. The layout was interesting to say the least, with a transparent shower room between the lavatory and the bed, a sitting area, and floor-to-ceiling windows that gave us a phenomenal view of the city's skyline. We went to the top floor to check out the penthouse discotheque and found it very lively. The restaurants were OK. The only complaint that we had was that we found no toiletries supply, you know the soap, etc, but after we called, they brought them. The other matter was that we had to request non-feathers pillows, due to allergies, as when we booked, there was no place to put that request in. We told the hotel concierge that maybe they should correct that. Overall we liked the hotel. Also, we had the most amazing views of the city and the area. The concierge also was great offering advice on what to do, where to eat & what to see in the area. The only thing -- it's not cheap, even with a discount, we paid quite a bit. But we felt that this is the kind of place that you treat yourself to, even if it's just a weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City