I have been lucky to stay at The Standard on twice now, on both occasions the hotel has been great. There are a lot of aspects I love about this hotel, the discreet entrance, The Standard Grill, the view over the High Line, the location (Meat Packing) and a gym with a great view of the Empire State building...
The Food here is good, both upstairs in the restaurant (great toilets, trust me) and also downstairs, you can have quick bites to eat, or serious main meals. From the minute you get to the Standard there is just a good vibe, and it makes staying in NYC feel like a fun experience, not too serious whilst also not trying too hard. The rooms are small-ish but by NYC standards you really do get what you pay for and space is not cheap.
The design is 70s, the rooms carry the tone well, and the design works with the space you have. A large bath and shower give you a view out of the room, and onto the Hudson or alternatively give your partner a view of you...
Location is spot on for this hotel, not far to SoHo at all, great shopping, bars, cafes, I love that part of Manhattan (Tribeca, Greenwich, Soho & Little Italy) and always try to stay in and around Meat Packing district on my visits...
If your in two minds whether to stay here, you should, its fun, plenty to do, great area, and it's not Standard. If you're looking for something more traditional in the same area take a look at Soho Grand Hotel, or The Ganservoort.
Grab a drink in the bar opposite The Standard - Hogs & Heifers, pretty famous and worth a look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City