Just got back from NYC and stayed in this location for the first time. I really liked it and didn't have high expectations since I have had hits and misses with The Standard hotels. (They've always felt a little 'vegas' to me.) Anyways, I found that everyone who works here is super friendly, the room service food is some of the best I've had, and the views are amazing no matter which room you are in.
It wasn't perfect though. The rooms are TINY and the some of the furnishings looks a little worn and cheap looking, so you don't feel you are in a great hotel when you are in room. Though the rest of the place is nice and I would still come back. Hopefully when its warmer as the High Line would be amazing on a warm day...
I also liked that it was a quick walk to Pastis (the restaurant) and some nice bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City