My husband and I just stayed for three nights at The Standard, NY, and overall enjoyed it. Great decor, nice room (w. amazing views) and great food and service at the hotel's restaurants. There was only one 'but' and that was the poor service we received at the front desk, both from the receptionists and the concierge. They all seemed too concerned with appearing cool to be able to offer decent service. In addition, the concierge didn't seem to know the basic ropes of NY tourism, since she (when told we would like to see Ellis Island) told us it would be a 20 minute walk from the hotel to Battery Park (!) and failed to inform us that we could have booked ferry tickets online and have skipped the long lines.
Granted, The Standard's a cool hotel, but a well-meant piece of advice would be to hire more service-minded staff at the front desk - then we would definetely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City