Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$389
$314
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$165
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$155
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$308
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$283
$100
  • Breakfast included
2,184 results
All reviewspenn stationdouble treenew yorkwarm cookiesthe empire state buildingmadison square gardenrooms are smalltimes squarefront desk staffconvenient locationfew blocksnyc hotelshigh floortwo double bedsupon checkaround the cornerstreet noise
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I paid extra for four people to stay in our room. We were always having to ask for more towels. Also, we never had coffee filters replinished in our room. Had to go to cafe each and every morning to get some and they still charged me. My granddaughter accidentally spilled coffee on the sheets and it was very noticeable but the sheets were never changed. I was told that since I was a gold member they were going to give me 5000 points for my trouble but to date that has not happened.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Peter M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Please accept our apologies on behalf of the entire team for us not meeting your expectations. We will share your comments with our Housekeeping staff and work to make sure that this does not happen again. If you would like to share specific information on what happened, please contact me directly at the hotel. Also know that points, once credited to the account, typically take 7 to 10 business days to be reflected in the balance. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the excellent service we typically provide and to prove to you that this is not indicative of the quality service we provide on a daily basis.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I looked for the right hotel for a long time, because i didn't have a big budget(barely had a small one), but wanted our first trip to NYC with our kids to be perfect. we're home now and all i can think about is how perfect our trip turned out. in no small part to this hotel. the rooms are NYC sized, but didn't feel too cramped. everything in the hotel was clean and in great shape. above all the service was incredible. every single employee was helpful and went out of their way to make our stay great. of course, we were in NYC and didn't spend a lot of time in our room, but it truly was one of the best hotel experiences i've ever had.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Peter M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so glad to know that we could help to make your visit to New York City with your kids a perfect one! We also appreciate that you found the hotel to be clean and in good shape! We hope to see you and your family again very soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked this hotel mainly based on location and price. The hotel is a short walk from Penn Station and is a good central location for walking around to some of the main attractions. We walked to the Empire State building as well as Times Square. The rooms are on the small side but I didn't go to NYC to sit in a hotel room. The hotel is clean and the staff were very friendly. The biggest issue with this hotel is the small elevators that you may have to wait a long time for during morning and afternoon peak times. We were on the 4th floor, so I walked it a few times. Overall, this is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower floors so you can walk down the stairs instead of waiting for the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much, crutch222, for taking time to review our hotel after your visit. Our entire team will be happy to know that you found them to be very friendly, and that you enjoyed the location!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here twice for one night each at each end of cruise out from the Manhattan Cruise Pier (that'll be a separate review), and we really liked this hotel. I did a lot of review checking and price checking before picking this one, and we picked this one because of it's close (about 3 blocks) proximity to Penn Station (we caught the Acela up from D.C.), central location with nearby public transportation, not too far from the cruise pier and for the price.

Granted, it's New York, so the rooms are a bit small, but our rooms were big enough for the two of us and were very comfortable and clean. On the first night I booked an upper floor room with view of the Empire State Building (4 blocks away), and it was beautiful especially at night. They even upgraded us to one of the two penthouses on the 27th floor on the 2nd night we were there (a larger room with kitchenette, king size bed and a large terrace with a view to die for). That alone was the icing on the cake for the trip...I'm ready to propose to the wonderful lady at the front desk who did this for us.

I booked the hotel through my Hilton Honors account and booked the breakfast deal with it. We really liked the breakfast buffet. I know some reviewers didn't care for it or think it's too expensive (hey, it's New York), but although it's not large (the restaurant itself isn't very large), we thought everything was very good...better than on the cruise. And, if you don't see it on the buffet they'll fix it if they can. They even had whole wheat pancakes one morning, and that's the only kind I'll eat (they were good). We also ate in the restaurant for lunch twice, an early dinner and had cheesecake and coffee another time, and it was all good with good prices, good sized portions and nice little touches. We were able to order from the lunch menu during the dinner hours one time which cost less and was nice for us as we just wanted a sandwich. The wait staff and the hotel staff were also very nice and attentive.

I had problems getting the tv remote to work (I know, I know, but I'm technologically challenged), and the engineer responded quickly to fix it. There are lots of channels on the flat screen tv, but like with most cable there isn't much worth watching on most of those channels...but we managed. (My partner has mobility problems so we spent lots of time these days watching tv and movies.) It's not the fanciest NYC neighborhood but we felt safe and NYC is so easy to get around that it almost doesn't matter where you stay. Lots of Korean restaurants in the area and it also looked like there are some nice restaurants and watering holes if you are so inclined. There's also a 24 hours McDonalds around the corner if you are really pinching pennies.

There is a (two computer) complimentary business center in the basement level which is nice as I didn't lug alone my laptop on this trip, and they have complimentary WIFI in the hotel (not sure though if it's free if you're not a Hilton Honors member, but I think so). There is an exercise room (in the basement), but I didn't check it out. We had good water pressure in both rooms we had with plenty of hot water. I liked the large bath towels and toiletries Doubletree provides, and our beds and pillows (often a problem for me) were very comfortable.

Not sure if I would stay there for several days as the rooms are a bit small, but if you price this hotel out against other good hotels in Mid-town, this one is a very good bet and we really liked it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Andrew L, thank you for choosing our hotel for your pre-cruise stay in New York City, for being a Hilton Honors member, and for writing such a thoughtful and detailed review. We hope you had a great cruise experience. We will share your positive comments with our hard working staff. Our Restaurant Manager will be particularly glad to know that you enjoyed the Whole Wheat pancakes, and the breakfast and lunch experience!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent location and great hotel. The hotel is centralized so we were able to walk to most attractions. The restaurants around the hotel are pretty good. the Staff were very hepful in providing directions and recommendations.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Michael K

Michael K, thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the location and service provided by our staff! We look forward to your next visit.