* Cleanliness - very good
* Qquality of service - very good, very helpfull and positive staff
* Hotel facilities - no free WIFI (unless your a member of Hiltons rewards program), no minibar, and the "business service center" was barely usefull for printing plane tickets. Sodas could be procured from vending machines on some floors, along with ice cubes. No roof terrace or other possibility of outside access to the great view from the 27th floor. We used neither training nor spa facilities, nor the hotel restaurant - so no comment those.
* Hotel location - very good. Middle of Midtown, short walking distance to many attractions, shopping areas, restaurants and all types of public transportation. Situated in a quiet street, so no noise problems. Police precinct 100 feet down the road. Small shop for essentials 100 feet up the road.
The hotel is rated a 4 star. Would rather give it 3 stars, but with a big + for trying hard. There is no "luxury feeling" about it, but it serves it's purpose very well if you don't have high luxury expectations.The bathrooms were nice, clean and comfortable. Shower curtains on rails that bowed away from the tub, so you didn't get the curtains plastered to your wet body. No waiting for warm water. Lots of fresh towels, all replaced daily along with soaps and hair cleaning stuff. The king size beds are extremely good. After a long day - jetlagged and with aching calves from trotting around town - we slept deeply and awoke refreshed on matresses that were just the right kind of hard/soft. The hotel has 27 floors. The first night was spent on the 14th floor, with a slightly depressing view straight into the office building across the street. We asked the front desk to see if they could move us to a higher floor with "the best view". Without any delay or fuss, we were installed on the 26th floor (at no extra cost) with a breathtaking view across the city to Downtown (with the "Manhattan Skyline"). When we left, we also left behind some shopping items. They were promptly found and sent home to us.
We would highly recommend this hotel for people that want to spend most of the day and evening up and about town, but appreciate basic comforts from a hotel - and that everything works and is clean - with helful happy staff to assist when you need it. The rooms are small, and they offer no reason for you to hang around unless you want to lie down for a while, or freshen up in the bathroom. But they are good to come back to after a long days night touring the city. The rest of the hotel is very clean and functional, though not very charming, but hey, who wants to spend their day or evening in a hotel when they can go explore the big apple?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the comfort of our beautiful DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Chelsea. Choose from a variety of room types including Empire State Building views. Our hotel is located in the heart of New York City but right outside the hustle and bustle of the noisy city streets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City