“Great Chelsea choice”

Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City
Ranked #313 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Great Chelsea choice”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Surprisingly for an NYC hotel, I have no complaints whatsoever. Stayed in a small ish room with a king bed which was fine and spacious enough. Perfect location close to the subway and just a walk away from times sq. Would definitely stay again. Should probably mention that I chose it off the back of an Expedia promotion so it probably felt better value because of that. In any case, the rooms are modern and very clean: rare for midtown.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank sparkyb_uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Greek first
San Francisco California
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My 22 year old daughter was moving to Manhattan, and I was helping her move her piles of luggage there from California! We were flying on passes, so had no idea when/what day we'd actually arrive, therefore, did not make hotel reservations in advance. We arrived late (after 11 pm) and I got on Trip Advisor and started scouting. Found a great deal at the Doubletree Chelsea, and called them from the airport. A friendly late night desk associate assured us of a spot on the phone, and greeted us warmly as we arrived about 1 am. He helped us with the luggage, and gave us a GREAT room, as well as a suggestion for an open all hours pizza joint. in the morning, we had a complimentary breakfast downstairs -- all in all it was just a GREAT experience. Staff can make or break a stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
ann arbor michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed one night at the Doubletree and was very pleased with the stay. The reservation process worked very smoothly and the room was ready as promised. The service at the front desk was courteous and efficient. The room was small but, after all, this is Manhattan and I expected it. Very quiet hotel for the location and very convenient. I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
kdowd224, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you robd for your kind response to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here with a friend for just one night - we were in town to see a show and wanted to have breakfast at Chelsea Market in the morning.

The hotel was very clean and the beds were super-comfortable. Nice view of the city.

We ate at the hotel's restaurant and had an EXCELLENT cheeseburger and salad. Stopped there for drinks again after the show - they were just closing but were accommodating!

They give you warm chocolate chip cookies when you check-in and they have the sign-out-by-TV arrangement if you like that. Very nice overall!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
kdowd224, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our DoubleTree by Hilton New York City Chelsea hotel. We are please you found your stay here enjoyable. We are so happy you enjoyed your cheeseburger and salad at Chelton’s. We offer the best ingredients and freshest produce when dining at our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you next time you are staying in the area!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree Chelsea for New Year's Eve weekend. It was very comfortable and clean. The staff provided outstanding service. Location was perfect for walking to Madison Square Garden. Pretty easy to get around the city and a nice quiet location to stay for New Year's Eve weekend. It was nice to be away from the craziness of Times Square. Most comfortable bed ever!!! They told us they really didn't have any rooms with a view, and that was fine for us. We weren't there for the view. Just wanted a clean and comfortable room for the weekend and that's what we got.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review or our New York City Chelsea Hotel. We are glad your stay was enjoyable for New Year’s Eve as that is certainly a busy time for the city. We take pride in our ability to offer a great product at a great price while allowing you to be in the center of it all but away from the hustle and bustle at the same time. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Rochester, NY
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The price was right for our family. This is a newly built property with nice comfy beds and flat screen TV. It's location is somewhat out of the way from majot tourist attractions however there are two subway stations within an easy walk. Highly reccomended as the hotel is new and clean. Not a lot of ammenities but if you're on the go who needs all that anyways.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
you SunNSki09 for your recent stay at our Hotel. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Arrived at The Doubletree on Thursday 27Th May for our five night break, Took my 16 yr old daughter to buy her prom dress and see all the major sites. First impression was very much a travel in/ hoilday express, ( I stay in them regular for work) Was ok nothing flash. We were on the 14th floor, Our veiw was someones bedroom nice! Carpet had stains on the floor but other then that clean and comfy, The only thing I would say was a pain was the aircon way to loud and either freezing or boiling. It was 90 degress when we were there. Reception was pokey and dull and the sofas could do with a clean, we never went to gym just didnt have the time. We never went into restaurant to eat as prices seemed very expensive. When I first arrived I discovered my daughter had left a bag at the airport I asked recpetion if I could call the airport and the first person was very rude and said no I couldnt use the phone! I was most upset I left the hotel for a few hours I was tired and fed up, I tried to use my mobile out there but I just couldnt get threw to lost property at Newark, Came back to the hotel and asked a differnt person and he said yes. Any way didnt get the bag back, nor did lost property return my call. I didnt expect to get the bag back but a call would have been nice. New York city is like London on speed, Its crazy, Funny, and nothing surpries me any more, Beggers with no legs busking, singers, a crazy guy of times sq banging a saucepan lid? Empire state was a 2 hr Q. statue of liberty 2 hr q. Rockafella centre about 45 mins, NBC studio tour sold out 2 days in advance so pre booked, we had the city pass. Ground zero just made us cry. Stardust dinner very good food and singing, just a shame they ask for such big tips. Planet hollywood good grub too, only if you use your city pass to get your $10 dollars off they change 18% tip!. plus did all the shops, best for bargins was forever21 but got some good ones in jcpenny and tj max. wanna go back in winter to see what central park is like then its so well kept. but would proably stay else where. On my return home asked the hotel to book my shuttle bus, they got the date wrong and did it for 24 hrs after my plane took off. I went and asked on the Tuesday for a shuttle bus to be booked for the next day which would mean Wednesday yes? No the lady booked it for Thursday and a time I would have been in the UK! Didnt relaise until i questioned her when bus was 20 mins late. Another bus couldnt be booked so I had to get a taxi and I had to pay the $88 not the last impression I wanted of New York Double Tree Chelsea!

Room Tip: I heard floors over 20 had better veiws