“An example of why I love New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Desnuda

Desnuda
Ranked #3,604 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: East Village
Sydney, Australia
“An example of why I love New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I first went here 3 years ago and loved it - came back just now and it was just as good if not better. An intimate surrounding with everyone seated at the bar, the food is spectacular. Any place that serves mainly ceviche (with cool surroundings, staff and wine list to match) is a friend of mine. The perfect place to start or finish a night, if not spend the whole night. I can't see myself not coming back here every future New York visit!

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Creative ceviche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Absolutely one of my favorite restaurants in the city. Incredible atmosphere, good and reasonably priced wine list, wonderfully creative and fresh ceviche options. Couldn't recommend this place any more.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, ON
“Craving Ceviche and we got it at Desnuda Wine Bar & Cevicheria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were craving Ceviche while we were in NYC and I googled where to find the best ceviche there and Desnuda came up as one of the top options. I checked the menu online and they seemed to have a good array of options for ceviche so we went.

We got there at a good time (about 6:30 pm on a Sunday evening) and thank goodness because it got even busier! It is a small place with just bar seating which was different and there were only 2 guys behind the bar that worked the whole place. It took awhile for our food to be served but it was well worth the wait! We had great wine and cocktails while we waited and the ambience was nice.

We ordered fresh Oysters which came out quicker than the rest of our order but that was ok. We ordered the Tiger Prawn and Avocado ceviche as well as the most expensive one which was the Lobster and Mango ceviche but let me tell you how we were in heaven. If you have the patience, it will pay off when you try their food. While we waited, we watched them prepare some really unique dishes that we will definitely try during our next trip.

Turns out it was not far from our hotel so we walked back which was a great way to digest one of the best meals we've ever had! HIGHLY recommended!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SugarMommy
New York City, New York
“Cevicherama”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I love this place. Living in the EV we are somewhat spoiled for choice, but I am often drawn back to the bar of Desnuda.
I never tire of the lively natural flavours of the freshly prepared ceviche. The chef has a wonderfully modern take on this traditional seafood dish and by using beautiful raw ingredients takes one's mouth on a journey to a special place every time! I would suggest making sure you combine your meal with one of the excellent cava's on the wine list.
Let me end by saying this is not a place for a romantic dinner, everyone sits at the bar, it can be crowded and a little noisy. No reservations.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rr1042
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Ceviche, nearly raw (fish). Wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Small menu offers outstanding ceviche unlike I was used to, which is the kind of ceviche that actually 'cooks' in citrus juices as it sits. At Desnuda, the ceviche is made so quickly (and right in front of you) that it barely has time to transform from its raw fish state. That's ok, however; because the result is similar to very good, very fresh sashimi, execpt that wonderful additions and flavors are added. The presentation is gorgeous. Not inexpensive, but worth the experience. The place obviously has repeat customers, some of whom are regulars. While it was my first time there, it was my host's fourth. They also offer oysters--not something I find appetising. Great beers--try the Argentinian. The place itself is small, dark and narrow. Oh, they also serve, gratis, a couple of handfuls of popcorn infused (?) with truffle oil, which is quite a treat.

Visited September 2012