“Good find on 9th Street”

Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Corner 29th Street
Transit: Trains A & E @ Penn station # 1 @ 28th & 7th ave
Scunthorpe
“Good find on 9th Street”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Down to earth Greek restaurant with a good choice. very helpful people and good food all be it big portions which is no bad thing. Wine very good and very good value as well.

Visited July 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Authentic Greek Food, Wonderful Atmosphere and Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a wonderful meal last evening in this restaurant in Hell's Kitchen area of NYC. It was a 10 minute walk from Times Square. Part of my ethnic mix is Greek, and I very much enjoy this type of food - having spent a fair bit of time traveling in Greece and enjoying the authentic cooking.

Uncle Nick's has great atmosphere. the brick walls and placement of the open kitchen enhance the hustle of what was going on. But nevertheless we still had an enjoyable relaxed dinner. Our server, Tommy, was attentive and had helpful suggestions.

We started with some ouzo and 4 combo dips: tzatziki, taramosalate, eggplant dip as well as a potato and garlic dip - with pita of course. Nice way to take a sampling of many different Greek flavours. We were in the mood to share so that we could eat more. We choose just one entree - the lamb chops (paidakia). They were cooked as requested, and nicely spiced. Clearly young lamb that was very tender - just the way I like it. I like medium to full bodied red wines and Tommy suggested a blend from northern Greece - Amethystos red. That glass did perfectly compliment the lamb - which by the way came with over roasted Greek potatoes. But then what to have for dessert. We ordered baklava and rice pudding (which I know as rizogalo from my childhood visits to Greece with my grandfather - I cannot always find it at home, so when I travel it is a favourite order of mine). Both desserts were fantastic. I have never seen such baklava so good - it wasn't dried out at all. the nuts were fresh and there was just the right sweetness.

I had dinner at this restaurant in May 2008 with one of my daughters. As you can tell I enjoyed it then, and have kept it on my list. This current visit was a real treat. This restaurant will continue on my list of favourite restaurants to visit when I'm in NYC.

• Visited July 2014
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“AUTHENTIC GREEK FOOD!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food. Excellent service. Very accommodating. Did not rush you through dinner. Lots of locals seem to dine here.

3 Thank Jeff B
New York
“Reliable and tasty”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

All entrees are cooked to order. Next table had bronzino and trout - perfectly prepared. I had lamb kabobs (a tad chewy, but well seasoned and perfectly cooked, esp. the veggies on the skewer). My companion had roasted chicken; sounds boring - it wasn't.
TIP - Small house salad easily serves two persons.
I will continue to dine there.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter S
Central, NJ
“Nice Greek Food close to the Theater District”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Uncle Nick's is located on 9th Ave new 50th Street, on the fringe of the Theater District in Hell's Kitchen. The restaurant is vibrant with a good menu of typical greek fare. Food was all well prepared with good portions. Prices were reasonable. Reservations available online using open table which was convenient. Decor is nothing fancy, but in line with the price point. Worth a visit for good hearty greek food in midtown west.

Visited June 2014