“Great stop for a quick bite to eat”
Review of Cafe 28

Cafe 28
Ranked #1,352 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was meeting some friends one morning and they were running a little late coming from Brooklyn. So I figured since I hadn't had breakfast I would find run into a Starbucks. While walking I noticed this place and was pleasantly surprised. I think my breakfast cost $6 total and I got a ham&cheese omelet with potatoes and toast. Of course, the food was satisfying.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Located on 28st and 5Av, this deli close to Madison Square Park offers great variety of food (all the deli's classic, from soups, to salds, to panini, sushi, sandwiches, little grocery, snacks, beverages and hot and cold buffet), fresh and one of the lowest price/weight in midtown.
Two floors with tables, clean, friendly staff and open til late, what else? Good pick for any time in the day!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Lots of options in their buffet style lines! Made to order sandwiches and many grab-and-go options! Wonderful location!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love this New York deli. Full of every kind of food you can imagine right on 5th avenue. Great for people watching from the seating area downstairs. Great selection of coffee's too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bumped into this place by pure chance, but it was a great surprise. The range of food is spectacular and everything we tasted was very good, except for the coffee (yes, that needs serious improvement). The place is obviously popular because it was teeming already at 11:50.
We will go back.