“No big deal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed September 16, 2013

we visited here because Anthony Bourdain raved on about it, but I found it to be just an average dive with average food. They did make a mean Papaya drink, and it was cheap, but then you get what you pay for. 10 bucks for 2 people to eat is fine by me, so I'll probably visit again if I'm in a hurry.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wow. Talk about a let down. While the dogs weren't awful, they were no better than average. I was expecting thicker dogs, maybe a sausage. Man, the hot dog itself was thinner and smaller and Oscar Meyer.. Not kidding. I felt like I could come up with a better concoction in my kitchen with my microwave. Costco dog are better than this and cheaper, may I add. Very disapointed.

I would MUCH rather have the polish sausages they sell at all the corner stands.THOSE were DELISH....

1  Thank jess140710
Reviewed August 9, 2013

During our visit to NYC, my daughter said that she has to have a Corn Dog. Me, I wanted a Chilli Dog. Papaya Dog was the ONLY place that actually sold Corn Dogs. Other places did sell Chilli Dogs but they weren't what I expected.

Papaya Dog delivered on both counts.

Cheap and cheerful.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very small dogs, but great value considering the price, quality wasn’t any worse than anywhere else, tried them more than once and were good for a quick cheap meal.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I like simple things. Like just a plain hotdog on a bun.
This was a plain hotdog on a bun.
It was everything I expected my hotdog to be.

1  Thank lolarobot