“Dining al fresco under the NYC stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 53rd & 6th Halal

53rd & 6th Halal
Ranked #482 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
cape coral, fl
“Dining al fresco under the NYC stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our second trip to NYC and the Halal was a must! We went on our last trip because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and have been longing to go back. The food is yummy and for $6 you get a plate of food that is very hard to finish (believe me,I tried).

The ambiance? What better than eating under the stars and skyscrapers of NYC? Can't get much better than that.

Can't really compare them with the rest (and there's plenty), but judging by the long line there and the non existing line at their competitors...confirms this one must be that much better! Even though the line gets long, they move it along rather quickly.

Make sure to go and bring a big appetite...you'll need it!!!

1 Thank barby-leo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Long Branch, New Jersey
“So much food for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

A friend recommended this food truck. So three of us decided to try it out and it was the best! Gyros for $4 and rice with meat for $6. You can either get chicken or gyro or a combo of both. Both are great but i prefer the gyro with rice. The portions are huge so you can definitely share with some one place. When we went they werent selling drinks so i dont know if that is the usual or just that time. But there are a bunch of places around to get something to drink as well as a place to sit and enjoy the city.

• Visited July 2013
Canada
“Best value in NYC.... don't be a snob and simply stand in the line”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I visited the Halal Guys twice while in NYC. It was our first meal in NYC and we were very happy with our decision. We were surprised with the size of the portions, the value and the taste. I had the mixed plate while my wife had a gyros sandwich. Both of us were very impressed but realized that we the mixed plate could have fed both of us. The guys serving up the food had a great attitude and when we returned, we had the same experience. Sandwiches were $4 and plates were $6, stand in the line and enjoy the experience....

TIP: Try to avoid going at peak hours, expect to stand in line but it moves quite quickly. Ask the guys for a both white sauce and spice. Water is $2 and if you ask for spice, you'll need it or a bottle of Snapple. You can dine on the steps of the building just north of the food cart. If the line is too long, simply walk across 6th to their other cart on the SW corner.

Definitely worth a visit....

Manhattan Beach, California, USA
“Late night must have.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I have read all the reviews of these guys and always thought.. street food? No thanks.

But, I was so wrong. I also thought they are all the same. Again, wrong wrong wrong!!

I have no idea why, but the flavored of the meat and chicken are just amazing. Same kind of grill as the rest, but this is truly special.

I had the combo plate and extra sauce (the key for me) and just found a seat and ate. Plenty to share if you need to, but when in NYC eat at all the great restaurants and then take the time to sample this Halal stand. Classic!

1 Thank Peterisacksen
WINNIPEG,CANADA
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I don't care what foodie you are, you have to try this, worth the wait and your $ cause 6 $ will get you a huge plate rice mixture of chicken and lamb a bit of pita bread and lettuce , great white sauce, also a bit of BBQ and hot sauce , line up is long but goes super fast 15 min maybe