“tasty, delicious and reasonable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“tasty, delicious and reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We tried the halal boys as they were recomended by New Yorkers and I must say it was excellent. Normally I am told there are long line waiting to be served, but we were very luck and did not have long to queue. The Falafel, Lamb and Chicken were all good, but be care ful with the red sause very hot indeed.
Highly recommend them as it was well worthwhile.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazing late night food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We found the Halal guys through local recommendations and online reviews. It was 11pm on a Friday night and the line was lengthy but worth it. Two of us enjoyed the chicken and rice. Delicious! The most amazing street/truck food I've ever eaten. The chicken was flavlorful and the rice was so good. The lettuce was fresh. The pitas were VERY good. And for $6 you get a whole pie-sized pan. Definitely enough for 2 people but it was so good, I wanted the whole pan to myself!

All of the reviews about how good the white sauce is, are accurate. Addicting! I only put a little bit over my food, then we left, but it was so good we walked back 2 blocks to go get more white sauce. The guys serving the food were super friendly and nice. They even posed for a picture with me. Definitely a MUST-TRY for anyone visiting NYC.

Also the hot sauce is VERY spicy but definitely tasty when mixed with the white sauce.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great find! The staff are so efficient, it's quite interesting to see how they manage so many meals so quickly. Ordered the falafel and chicken with rice. Just amazing! Really great value considering its only 6$! Plus it was really tasty! Highly recommended! Beware: spicy red sauce is hot! But very good!

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“You haven't been to NYC until you've eaten here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I used to frequent this place when I was living in New York and the weekend evening line always stretch around the block, and some times I spent 15 minutes waiting in the line. But it is all worth it. For the price, it's a lot of food to last me for dinner and breakfast, and the white sauce is the holy grail. Doesn't taste the same without the white sauce.

• Visited July 2012
Newport Beach, California
“The best food in Manhattan.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

You wouldn't think it possible, but this street vendor easily takes the cake as the best food on the island. There's no need to describe the flavors beyond "how food should taste." Your mouth will not believe something like the white sauce is possible. It's almost like I spent my whole life eating "food," and now my tongue gets to actually savor the "truth." It's in a category on its own.

Don't be tricked by the importers who like to set up shop nearby during the day. If it isn't 53rd and 6th, it isn't past 8 PM, and it isn't flooded with a line down 53rd, then it isn't the real Halal Guys. When I'm back in town next month, this place is my only "scheduled" must-do.

• Visited July 2012