“Believe me, it is loud”

Harrington's Bar & Grill
Ranked #4,657 of 14,025 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The food and the service was excellent contrary to reviews I had read. We ate here before a Ranger game. Many other fans had the same idea. I had filet mignon sandwich, medium. It was more rare than medium but that was fine by me. Very tasty with fried onions on this open face sandwich. Accompanying fries were also go. Husband had the fish and chips which were also good. We arrived at 5 were seated immediately, waitress took our order quickly, food cam our quickly yet we did not feel rushed. Waitress checked with us a few times. The noise level is not conducive to a quiet meal, in fact i could have participated in conversations on both sides of us. Yet I enjoyed the vibes of the crowd. It a a good sports bar before the game.

1  Thank Mlacoach

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Because of the food and service I felt this place deserved a very good rating. But my problem with the noise level of the music and seating made me lower it to average. It was beyond loud and combined with customers talking made you feel you were at a rock concert and not in a sports bar or restaurant. Our party of four were seated upstairs which helped a little with the noise but the tables were very close together and it felt crowded. Do not request a table for two upstairs. They are located along the stair case and other guests walk past you coming and going. As I said at the start of this review the food and service were very good and the place looked clean. Prices are reasonable for New York City and they make good drinks. If only they would lower the music volume!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Called in here with all my family (7) of us. Not always the easiest size of table to accommodate with no reservation. We were told 20 min wait but thankfully we were in within 10!
I thought the menu was good fish and chips, bangers and mash, steak sandwiches, steaks. Reasonably priced $13-$17. Service was good and if you need to see a game there are some huge screens all around. We ate on a Sunday eve when the NFL game was on so good atmosphere too!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very good spot to stop before an MSG event. Food is great and venue well decorated. Shepards Pie was great. A bit crowed but they seated us quickly and served well.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visited this venue, as the snow storm hitting New York limited the opportunity to explore to far afield from our hotel.

What a waste, service was poor, the food decidely average and the atmosphere was awful. I appreciate it calls itself a Bar and Grill, but mindful the majority of the venue is set up as a restaurant, and the screens behind there bar were showing sports, you wouldn't expect to be blasted by music so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think let alone talk to your felow diners. Perhaps this accounted for the waitress totally getting our order wrong. It was rather embarassing for her when another waitress returned to our table, five minutes after ordering, having to explain that the original waitress was unsure of our order.

Thoroughly regretted not having returned to The Flying Puck, next door, where we had had a totally different experience the day before.