2,016 results
All reviews stumptown coffee smeg fridge medium room breslin restaurant mini room john dory opening ceremony oyster bar hipster hotel lobby bar new york cool hotel flatiron district the empire state building cool vibe barber shop bunk beds
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

I had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean, quiet and well appointed. I appreciate the design renovation and how the hotel management is interested in maintaining the historical integrity of the building as much as possible. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgable. I will recommend the hotel and look forward to visiting again.

Room tip: Ask for a room above the 4th floor, it will have less street noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Christina D, Brand Relationship Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Hi Sabine - Thanks for taking the time to sleep with us! I am so happy to hear that you had a great time at Ace New York and appreciate the historic features of the building. Looking forward to having you back with us - please reach out to me when you are headed back to NY so myself and the team can personally take care of your reservation. See you soon! xx Christina + The Ace Team.

Christina Delli Santi
Brand Relationship Manager
christina.dellisanti@acehotel.com

Reviewed May 12, 2019

The lobby recently got a revamp and it's cold and empty now. Gone are the happening crowds and gone is the laptop friendly policy of old. I was told no laptops at the (now empty) big back bar. The new couch arrangements are not as social, and seemingly no laptops are permitted except for the communal table.

I recommend another of New York's high-energy hotels (the W Union Sq., Hotel Indigo LES) if you are a business traveler looking for a hip lobby to hang out in after a day of meetings.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TimAceHotel, Managing Director at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hi Clay -

Your feedback is disappointing - anyone leaving unhappy is a failure on our part and not what we are about.

I do want to clear up your very broad statements, however. From 7 am-5 pm, anyone is welcome anywhere in the lobby to work on laptops, collaborate with friends, work at the bar/s, etc. We insert no rules or regulations, which includes hanging out and spending no money. That's fine with us and that IS the original concept for the space. not a single change. At 5 pm, however, we are asking that laptop computers only be used at the market table and forward which DOES include the front seating section of the lobby. In the back of the lobby, you are correct - we are requesting that no bright laptops be open and that people speak to each other and enjoy it as a bar, lounge, restaurant space.

I hope you can see the other side of the coin - when we have every seat taken by someone working on a laptop
it can be very unappealing for a couple on a date or drinks after work where people have left the office. We receive many comments from guests who come to hang with friends and there are no seats or spaces for the gathering of friends and small groups.

Lastly, we are implementing SEVEN-ROOMS. A system that allows reservations to be booked for chairs or tables and we are focusing the back of the lobby for this need.

All we have really done is to create something for everyone after 5 pm. If someone told you "no laptops" and it was before 5 pm, please email me. That is not to happen.

Tim Anctil
Managing Director
Ace New York
tim.anctil@acehotel.com

Reviewed May 9, 2019

The Ace Hotel is my go-to for business trips. It is quiet every night and the rooms are very clean. Each visit I know more and more exactly what to expect and it just makes my crazy work-life so much easier to have a reliable hotel. The employees seem to like working there - that makes me happy and relaxed.

Room tip: Mini is perfect for a petite woman but you might want to upgrade if you don't like tiny bathrooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jeff B, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

It's a great honor to be your go-to!
We'll always have great coffee for you in the morning from Stumptown and nice cocktails in the Lobby Bar and The Breslin, to help appropriately bookend your work day.

And, your're right, Ace is a great place to work and to be a part of; the good moods are genuine. We'll see you again soon!

Until then,
Jeff Butler
Front Desk Management Team
nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

It was a very cool hotel with a vintage high energy vibe. I stayed one night in a medium full room (which was huge, NY standards). Lots of cool touches- Smeg fridge, vintage displays. Also interesting taxidermy-filled lobby and bar. It was nice for the experience, but won’t recommend it for families or if I’m staying long term. It was incredibly noisy late into the night, and had a bad sleep.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping. I'm the overnight manager and I would have been happy to move you to another room had I known! There's someone staffed at the front desk 24-hours a day for just that reason. We'll always do everything we can to ensure you sleep well and enjoy your time with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed all of the aspects of design, vibe, and culture that make this a really special place. I'd love for you to reach out to us if you're up for another attempt, I'll make sure you are set up in our internal courtyard facing rooms as New York City streets can be loud at times.

I'd love the opportunity to try again,

Jeff Butler
Front Desk Management Team
nyc.fdmgrs@acehotel.com

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Good services and nice vibe, food is amazing and staff are very friendly, very clean rooms and easy check in and check out. Their hotel is very spacious and i hope that one day I will come and visit again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Christina D, Brand Relationship Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Hello Emma - Thank You for taking the time to show us some love! Happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Ace New York. I would love to have your back to sleep with us again - please keep my contact so that I can personally take care of your next reservation and ensure that you are well taken care of. xo Christina and the team at Ace Hotel New York.