Ace Hotel New York
$331
$297
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,840 results
All reviewsstumptown coffeesmeg fridgebreslin restaurantmedium roommini roomjohn doryoyster baropening ceremonyhipster hotelphoto boothlobby barnew yorkcool hoteltoo cool for schoolflatiron districtthe empire state buildingcool vibe
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Ace is a great hotel. It is a true scene, during the day the lobby is filled with people sipping coffee, chatting or typing away at their latptops and at night, the lobby is basically a giant bar that is roaring until late. This is not the place for families or people looking for a serene, calm space away from the midtown bustle. But this is a perfect hotel for hip folks looking for a good time. Depending on the room type you choose, there are an array of amenities, our King room had a fully stocked fridge, a leather couch, an acoustic guitar, and a record player with a nice selection of albums. The bathrooms are the only slight letdown here, they are old school and look great, but its not the best shower in the world. However, the Ace delivers in terms of a lively, fun place to stay and the location is perfect as you can get anywhere with a quick subway or taxi ride. Also, the slew of restaurants in and around the Ace are great, its a self contained hip universe.

Room Tip: Go for at least the medium King rooms on the upper floors. If you call you request a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I didn't get to stay at the Ace for long. I had a bit of a long layover at Newark airport so decided to head into Manhattan for the overnight. Absolutely LOVED the Ace. So sad I couldn't stay longer to take advantage of the amazing lobby... insanely killer coffee (I actually exclaimed aloud after my first drink "OMG where have you been all my life?!") My room was a Mini in the Attic.. it was much larger than I thought it would be and was pleasantly surprised that the bathroom and shower were also much larger than anticipated. Bed was insanely comfortable and was super sad to leave it at 6 am the next morning... boo.

All in all, loved my quick little stay at the Ace and will definitely be back with my boyfriend for an extended stay. Loved.

Room Tip: If you go for a Mini ask for one of the larger Mini's in the Attic!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We thank you for your visit and feedback! Sorry it was a short one - but what a way to spend a layover. We look forward to having you and your boyfriend back with us. Comfy bed and coffee will be here for you!
xoxo

Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you want a REAL treat, book here...seriously. It's one of those hotels you don't want to leave, and if you're after impressing somebody, don't mess around looking anywhere else.
The rooms are reasonably sized and priced. All the small details are what counts for me and from toiletries to the lobby, everything has been carefully designed.
There are two wicked restaurant on site, Breslin and John Dory as well as a hip coffee shop. The lobby is that cool peeps just come to hang out and drink, Dj's play most nights.
I wouldn't think twice to book again here, I literally wanted to buy everything they had for sale (from dressing gowns to bags)
ACE hotel is what it says on the tin...ACE!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nick w
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello Nick W. -
We can feel your joy and enthusiasm and it makes us really happy! Thank you for your visit and feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again.
xoxo,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This midtown hotel, located in what's considered the Nomad district (North Of MADison Square Garden), is very hipster-cool. The friendly staff have a bohemian-punk appeal but don't come across too edgy or flighty. In fact, they are delightfully acommodating. We had been in contact about our late arrival, due to weather, and the desk clerk upgraded us for our troubles. I'm sure they had a number of cancellations as well, but she was super sweet, none the less. The rooms are uniquely decorated and ours came with a great view of the Empire State Building! The room is dark, black walls and carpet, but it's not a deterrent at all. The soaps/shampoos provided by the hotel are great, which is not something I get to say very often. There were even in room robes that felt like a beautiful combination of a towel and a sweatshirt. If I had more than a carry-on available I'd have purchased one to take home.
The lobby feels like a locals' hang out and is noisy and welcoming at the same time. The amazing thing is that the noise doesn't carry up to the rooms at all. Drinks at the bar will run about $13, but it's worth it at least once to feel part of that scene. Then head up to your room, put on your jammies, and snuggle up in the delightfully cozy bed. I don't normally take note of pillows, but they were so fluffy and the sheets were so warm I didn't want to leave the bed to explore the city.
I really can't say enough about this great, affordable hotel and it's staff. My only hope is that they are still affordable the next time we head into the city! It's really too good to be true.

Room Tip: I think there are some cheaper rooms with shared bathrooms, so know what kind of room you are booking. If you can get a view of the Empire State Building, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brianne P
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Brianne P,
Thank you for your feedback - temperatures like these call for a warm robe and comfy bed. It was the perfect time to take advantage of it and we are glad to read you were able to indulge!
Please come back and see us again!
For those reading Room Tips, we would like to clarify that all Ace NY rooms have a private bath.
All the best,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Entertained a guest on his first trip to NY during the Super Bowl and the Ace is hands down the best place to stay - having stayed here multiple times myself. We were upgraded to a Loft (if you ever get the chance book one) which is larger than most NYC apartments. Every room is uniquely shaped and has a slight variation of amenities. The entire staff is welcoming and caters to whatever you need. The lobby is amazing all times of the day but at night DJs regularly play to the lobby bar crowd. You also can't miss breakfast or brunch at the Breslin which is right off the lobby or Stumptown coffee if you're in a rush. The Ace will always be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a room on the 3rd floor or higher to avoid the lobby noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francene C

Hello Francene C.
Ahhh the Loft! It is a magical room, isn't it?
We love and appreciate being considered your second home.
Thank you for your review and see you real soon.
xoxo