I am in NY regular and used to stay at the ACE when it first opened. For a while the slacker meets hipster (slackster?) attitude was a bit of an issue, but balanced with great coffee at Stumptown (which saves on room service) ..I was sort of happy, and it was way better than the generic brands in Times Square where my office is. Still, At some point I decided to stop using the place - probably when they lost my shirts and asked if I could pick them up the day after my flight home to London". Fast forward 2 years, my new choice Nomad was full so I came back....and
- Service improved - attitude much better
- Still a great bar
- Stumptown is still the best coffee anywhere in Manhattan
- there are a huge variety of rooms, some of which really have personality.
The really bad:
- many rooms smell like a mixture of meatloaf and mildew. (thats right, meatloaf and mildew) requiring windows to be open.
Long story short - Mister Ace, this smell piece needs fixing. Its just not right. Otherwise keep up the good work...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe room at the Ace Hotel. Spacious room with high ceilings, large windows and large bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Ace Hotel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ace Hotel New York City