“An interesting find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ace Hotel New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ace Hotel New York
Ranked #215 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Alderley Edge
“An interesting find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having been to New York before I was so excited to be going back and spent along time reviewing and reading up on different hotels.

I am always looking for a hotel with character and attitude, with its arty features and laid back staff the Ace had what I was looking for.

The Ace Hotel was trendy, easy going and full of life. My boyfriend and I stayed on the 3rd floor in a little but well thought out room. I had requested beforehand to be high up as I heard lots of people complaining about noise but I was very happy as we had a stunning view of the Empire State, the noise below yes was annoying but who cares your in NYC! The bed was a little small but other than that the room was great.

The staff were all very helpful and room service was quick and effcient.

As an avid lover of coffee I was hugely intrigued by Slumptown and it did not disappoint just get there really early or very late morning to avoid a huge que!

If you love breakfast go in search of Penelope on 159 Lexington Avenue!

Room Tip: Ask for a big bed!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello pop1990!

Thanks a million for your comments and please let us know when you wish to return.
Based on your comments - we know we can find you the perfect room for your next stay.

All the best,
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Need a place in Manhattan, affordable, trendy and excellent located? Go here, the rooms are just right, and very tastefully decorated.the ground floor itself is a trendy hangout, where you can get your cocktails, its just nice and the small fitness room is okay as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Uinted Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I could not believe my luck staying here after getting a great deal through Virgin holidays. A really cool hotel and best of all, as I was a young person staying on my own, they helped me with advice and directions and I felt really looked after. The location is another plus, you walk out of the door and you can stroll to all the main attractions. My room was really cool, better than i was expecting. Would definately stay here again for the great customer service and much more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank HeartTravelUK
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi mississippimud01:

It was really nice to read about your experience - NYC can be intimidating, especially when you travel on your own. You definitely have guts and we are glad to hear we helped!
Please come back to us again. We look forward to it.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love New York City. The ace hotel chain took the old Breslin hotel, cleaned it up, kept it's charm and really put a unique signature on it. I never stayed at the old hotel but the fixtures and the architecture have the feel of the past but still put you in the present. See the photos.
I loved my room. Small but the space between the living area and the bathroom was divided so I felt like I had a small (very small) suite. Very good design.
Stationary in the room.
I ate breakfast in the breslin cafe. Good quality but overpriced.
Same for the stumptown coffee. I bought the chocolate also. Overpriced.
The main lounge area turns into a nightclub after dark. It did not bother me in my room but I could not find a free spot to relax and enjoy the space as hipsters from all over the city had laptops open in every available spot.
I cannot really fault them as I would have done the same thing.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.
I would have liked better pricing for hotel guests in the cafe and more spots available for lounging.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a four night city break in NYC for my lovely Jen's Burpday... we rocked up to the ACE and there had been a hitch with the booking... (we had gone through lastmnute, who had arranged the ACE through travelocity.... and they had us booked into a bunk bed room.

whollop. sinking feeling.

Absolutely gutted. I'd even bought a heap of special records with me to play to my lovely Jen on her Burpday as I'd heard there was a record player or guitar in every room. Not so for the budget options I'm guessing.

We thought we'd booked a double room.... Oh that horrid sinking feeling....

Then Ta-Da!..... Ace staff to the rescue. Jenny on the desk pulled out all the stops to (a) sort us a different room that suited our needs as a fresh young couple, although she could not arrange a room with a record player (which was a shame) and (b) provide outstanding and genuinely personal customer service our whole trip... (Jenny, clearly good at her job, remembered our names, paid attention to us and went the extra mile at every opportunity. )

staying at the ACE was great. Everyone else reviewing it has talked of the great features, the attention to detail, the boutique nature in an ever growing corporate environment... and I can only echo this. the re-purposed industrial lighting, the old scaffolding to make hanging space... it showed thought and love has gone into this hotel...

It was a pleasure to stay in room 1224, with it's wallpaper created from pasting up pages from a vintage dictionary and a piece of giant hand painted wall art mimicking the old "air mail" letters.... the bathroom... although dark was of a decent size and had some quality products for us to use (Rudy's shampoo/conditioner and body wash... all from the barbershop next door.)

The Stumptown Grinders coffee shop was dead handy and full on great... there was always a cue for coffee... which although a bit annoying... was a good sign for a coffee lover.

We explored the city a lot and only got to spend one night in the hotel bar.... we were fortunate that on this night Har Mar Superstar was spinning some tunes... and we got to hang out with some top funk, disco and rare groove tunes. Brilliant.

We didn't eat at the hotel... the food looked amazing... but was a bit pricey for our daily budget and on the whole and we ate on the go, eating at Chelsea food market and other amazing eateries were within a block or two of the hotel.

I'd again like to pass on my regards to the staff at the hotel who were brilliant and provided outstanding service... especially Jenny. She made us feel like special guest the whole stay!

Room Tip: we were on the 12 floor... it was quiet and although we had a small room (1224) it was plenty big en...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear StillJustJones and Jen,
Your review truly made us smile - the only thing I hope is that you return so we can get you that room with a record player! Please feel free to reach out to us directly so we can make that happen. Happy Belated, Jen!
Lisa
PS: Jenny at the Desk is special and thank you for acknowledging that - it means a lot!
schenectady, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My gf and I were blown away with the feel of the hotel and the attention to design and space in each room. The record player with selection was an awesome touch. Lounge is very cool but I'm not the type that enjoys paying 8 bucks for a can of beer so I didn't spend much time there. If you're looking to break out of the cookie cutter boring hotel game, here's your new home in NYC.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear arcadelt7777 (and your gf too!)
We think it's cool that you felt blown away while you were here! I think everyone wants to feel that way when they hit the road for adventure.
Come on back - let us know if we can do anything to assist-
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This would be my second time staying in the hotel. The first time I stayed, I have a good impressions on the aesthetic design of the big lobby, good smelling coffee place, cool multi brand lifestyle boutique and lastly my room. The room was awesome - well designed, spacious enough, has a cool record player, cool SMEG fridge that complete the retro feel, and a long working table. Second time I was there, I was given a different room on a different floor. I called the receptionist and requested for the same room I was in before, but I don't remember the floor. He was kind enough to suggest some rooms that was available and told us they would move our stuffs to the other room. The transition from one room to another was effortless, I went for lunch, came back, got the room that I wanted with all my belongings in the room.
Since I am working mostly, I have no time to shop around, so I did most of my shoppings online and send it to the hotel. The packets always arrive neatly packed under the table.
And every morning, I can enjoy a good cup of coffee from Stumptown Coffee. Oya, I appreciate the free WIFI too.
All in all I had a great time in Ace. Definitely coming back to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hi LareinaK,
Thanks so much for your comments and we wanted you to know your room preference was noted in your profile so there will be no guess work next time you are with us!
And we look forward to it-