“Unique hotel, amazing experience”
Review of Ace Hotel New York

Ace Hotel New York
Ranked #182 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 9, 2012

One of the highlights of my visit to New York, that's for sure. I was so lucky to find a room for New Year's Eve, I stayed here for 9 days. As soon as I get in, I was impressed by the vitality and the loud music in the lobby, I felt immediatly at ease with the vibe and all these people. The guys at the check in were very kind and welcoming, I had a room on the 10th floor. Unfortunately it was it was facing the courtyard and not the street, I should have specified it, but given the busy time of year and late booking I expected it. Not a big deal, a little noise from the heating machinery, but ok. The room was rational, very clean, modern, comfortable bed ... I had a fully functional turntable and minibar. The bathroom as the room was perfect, little details that let you understand the extreme care and design work behind it. On the ground floor there is' a restaurant and a bar, where I had breakfast every day ... long queue but fast, they make a great cappuccino! In conclusion, this is not the "usual" hotel...this one has a soul. A gem. Hope to be back, please don't change! I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TedStriker75
Write a ReviewReviews (1,788)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Without doubt the coolest hotel on the planet ! Laid back staff get the job done with no hassle. The rooms are fantastic smeg fridge guitar decks massive bathroom great view onto the empire state building. The john dory seafood bar is well priced and great for food or just a drink. Because its a fair way from times sq you definitely get a lot more for your money but theres a sub stop around the corner and the staff are very helpful. If your gonna do NYC and want the hotel to be an experience please check out The Ace

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RJ776
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank You RJ776!
Hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Ace has a very hip vibe and I may be too old to stay here but it is nice, clean, comfortable, great location. Really good beds and I'm a stickler for that. I don't know if they have a rule about being younger than 30 to work there but whatever they are doing it is working! The front desk staff is charming, energetic and very very helpful. Reed Smith, in particular, was a great help in advising on food, cabs, the little ins and outs of NYC. He is a delight, seems to work constantly and never fails to have a smile on his face. Room service was prompt and friendly, food is delicious.

The only drawback as far as I'm concerned is the attitude of the hostesses at both hotel restaurants. They were officious, short and kind of snotty. I really didn't appreciate it at all.

I think the hotel is geared more toward younger people but it's still a great place to stay. AND it is one solid structure, we couldn't hear a thing from any other room, the elevator, above, below, nothin'. And we had a great view of the Empire State Building.

Thanks Ace!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mmoc65
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I landed in Hipsterville when I walked through the doors of the Ace Hotel.

Flannel Comforter? Guitar in my room? Exposed industrial pipes to hang my clothes (and no doors for the closet)?
I'm surprised I found a huge bathroom in the room...I was almost certain hipsters didn't shower/bathe

Other than the over the top hipster vibe, the hotel was great.
My room was surprisingly big for a NYC hotel, and very comfortable.
Great service (maintenance was prompt when i called about a TV issue), room service in the morning was great (friendly, fast and food from Breslin is amazing) and the receptionists didn't pretend like they were doing me a favor when i checked in or asked questions.

The lobby is such a scene- any time of the day.
When I checked in at 9p, i thought it was just coz the lobby doubles up as a hip bar.
But oh no. The next morning at 10a, it was pretty much just as busy, esp with the line out the door of Stumptown Coffee.

Ace has managed to thoughtfully curate some of the best proprietors in town (Breslin, Stumptown) to make this one of the best overall hotel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jocelynlee
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

HI Jocelyn.
We wanted to thank you for sharing such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We’re honored to have shared the Ace experience with you and are so grateful to hear it was up there with your best hotel stays. Please do come back soon!

all the best,

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just great as usual! We've just been there for the second time and we just love this place. Nice furniture, amazing view on the Empire State building, excellent situation in Manhattan, very nice and helpful people at the front desk, lively Hall. I you wanna "feel" NY stay there!
I would however not recommend this place for "elderly" people who might neither feel so "comfy" nor at ease there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mex2402

Let’s get you back for a third stay! We love hearing such great feedback, thank you. Can’t wait to see you again.

Best,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was completely satisfied with the room, location, value and excellent service by the staff. Although there is a lounge in the lobby that is converted to a bar at night, it was very well managed. I could not hear any noise from my room located on the 2nd floor. But overall, I have to give my complements to the Ace management as the front desk staff, door people and housekeeping was right on. Good job.

Room Tip: I hope the hotel can keep the rates affordable as I would like to return one day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Udakine
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend from Friday to Monday.It is a great hotel for the following reasons:
1. Staff - the staff is great! They were very customer friendly and it is nice to get a wake-up call from a real person not an automated computer. It is also nice that it is not an arrogant staff.They were respectful and friendly.
2. Location - the hotel is an easy 5 blocks from Macy's. In addition, the hotel is great for access to all parts of Manhattan and within walking distance or reasonable cab fare.
3. The rooms - We booked a "mini" room and for 2 of us, it was fine. We stayed in room 324 and I have uploaded the photos. You feel like you in a restored building.

When we go back to NYC, we will try to book at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple