Ace Hotel New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$154
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$330
$305
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Pool
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
1,839 results
All reviewsstumptown coffeesmeg fridgebreslin restaurantmedium roommini roomjohn doryoyster baropening ceremonyhipster hotelphoto boothlobby barnew yorkcool hoteltoo cool for schoolflatiron districtthe empire state buildingcool vibe
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Ace for over 16 weeks during 2012. I tried a lot of other hotels in NY like Smyth group and this is the best on nearly all measures. Other reviewers have mentioned the "trendyness" - it's there but not forced and if anything underplayed. The lobby bar is full of twerps that make it look more like an Apple store than an Apple store - and the music is too loud leading to 200 people shouting at each other but......to either side of that form of Hades are two bar/restaurants (Oyster Bar and The Breslin) where you can escape. An even better escape is your room. A medium sized room is very well proportioned by NY standards, some have SMEG fridges, good sized desks and even sofas occasionally. Best of all are the staff, where some places are almost "too cool for school" the guys and gals here are always charming, friendly and helpful. The location is not that glam, but who cares, most things in easy reach are. You will not find better.

Room Tip: Get above floor 4 to avoid noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a Large room for our 1st anniversary. The room was huge with wonderfully comfortable king size bed, large reception area with sofas and large coffee table and super stylish bathroom with powerful rain-shower. It's uniquely stylish with wall murels/graffiti and funny slogans daubed on walls, grungy loft apartment styling - open clothes rack instead of wardrobe, freestanding smeg fridge stocked with all the trendiest spirits and british brand snacks. Our room had a decent turntable and a few vinyls (although most were missing from their sleeve, probably stolen by previous guests...) some rooms have a guitar (sadly not us!). also our room had a distinctly frousy, mouldy smell which didn't seem to leave for the 5 days we stayed.

The foyer/bar area is moody and dark and busy with lots of young trendy types lounging around with macbooks. there was rarely anywhere to sit for hotel guests but there was always a cool buzz about the place. Cocktails were good, although they ran out of martinin glasses because of a large table of ladies in the Breslin restaurant next door drinking cosmopolitains....
Great DJ's and live bands in the evening, it's altogether a very cool place for people who want to stay in a trendy buzzy hotel and don't mind it having a bit of an edge to it. Awesome coffee downstairs at the Stumptown, and if you don't mind sitting in darkness at breakfast time next to a bunch of hyped up Frat types banging on about work - the Breslin next door served the best breakfast we had in NYC.

Room Tip: Large room. it's massive.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Ace is what i call a "loud lobby" hotel - and it was insanely loud, happening and packed everytime i was through there, and dark. The rooms and hallways above though didn't hear anything. I got upgraded to an insanely large room with a bedroom so I can't judge the regular rooms, but of course I had no issues with the room which I could have thrown a party for 50 in. Vintage furnishings but clean - books, guitar, vintage fridge. the room was pretty dark and i couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on in the bedroom so i crawled around in there. Lots of nice touches but comes with a price tag. I appreciated the nice note saying how glad they were to have me, with a bottle of water, but noticed that if i actually drank the water it would cost $7. The minibar and other supplies were usual hotel premium. Didn't spend a lot of time in my large room, but I would come back here. Nice vintage vibe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Beachman727
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had read a number of the reviews so I was not surprised by what I found at this hotel. The lobby area on a Saturday afternoon was a cross between a library and an upscale pub full of youngish trendy types on their macs. Later, the lobby became busier but generally the same people, none of whom wanted to look like they had made the least effort! But generally the atmosphere was relaxed and not intimidating. It did get very noisy especially when he dj started up at 10. The bar etc stays open unil 4am so expect noise downstairs and from taxis etc when you are in your room. Staff were all helpful, friendly. The medium room was reasonably sized but not spacious and it was extremely stark. It felt a bit like a student's room with just a desk, bed and a tv on top of the mini bar. I think this did not help minimising noise although this was mainly from outside noise despite bing in 7th floor. The room was well stocked with snacks and drinks but it seemed mean that everything had a price tag -including tea and water- and that there is no coffee although there is a kettle.

Room Tip: Go high to minimise noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MWSurrey
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hi MW Surrey,
We want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We’re happy the lobby environment felt relaxed and the staff able to help. We’d love to address your issues with the noise. We understand our lobby can be louder than most as it is constantly buzzing with activity. This is why we hope to provide a nice quiet room for you to find quiet and comfort. We will always do what we can to accommodate your particular requests, please allow us to find you a spacious room on the interior of the building when you next return. Our wide variety of room styles and layouts will also hopefully allow us to find something less stark for you. We hope to see you back, and thank you, again, for taking the time to share your thoughts.

All the best,

graham

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was travelling for work last year in upstate NY. I stopped of in Manhattan on the way and way back. I stayed in the ACE Hotel:

The rooms have good sound systems, a very large fridge food of goodies, - Not TV Focused most other hotels. From - and it did not look like every other hotel room, and the second time I have a vie of the Empire State Building.

The Hotel: Everything is cool, from the Dark hallways , Metallic Grey doors and little notes everywhere. The lobby if always fully of people having fun, being an bit cool ete

The Staff: had style and very friendly.

In Manhattan I don't think I could find a better place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo