Ace Hotel New York
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
$247
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$168
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$352
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
1,839 results
All reviewsstumptown coffeesmeg fridgebreslin restaurantmedium roommini roomjohn doryoyster baropening ceremonyhipster hotelphoto boothlobby barnew yorkcool hoteltoo cool for schoolflatiron districtthe empire state buildingcool vibe
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We spent Christmas weekend at the Ace Hotel, snagging a great deal off TravelZoo. The reviews were positive and the location looked great, everything lived up to my expectations. First of all, if you are like me and enjoy being able to get around by foot, the Ace is great. Your less than a 10-minute walk to Penn Station. We hopped off the train, grabbed some tofu from Koreatown and rolled into the hotel. Very, very easy if you come by train or bus that drops you near Penn Station.

The lobby is a happening place. At all hours, people are hanging out with drinks and the requisite iPad or macbook propped open. It was quite lively and I liked that. The desk is tucked off to the corner and I found the service--from the front desk to the housekeeping crew to be fantastic. We went out to breakfast one morning and when we got back by 10 or so the room was already cleaned! Most hotels that is just not the case.

The warm service and excellent location are definite pluses. The size of the room is also great. High ceilings help give the room some depth. I was also surprised how quiet it was. We didn't here other guests or street noise (I think we were on the 8th or 9th floor).

I'd say there are a couple minor downsides. The shower was pretty tiny and awkwardly located in the middle of the bathroom. It has shower curtains circling it and they sort of billowed inward when I was showering, not super pleasant. The other minor issue is I wasn't a huge fan of the decor in the room--it felt like I was sleeping in my parents' basement with its bare walls and deliberately outdated furniture.

Overall, a great place to stay and I would consider staying here again because of the location and the quality of the place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank afarmandthirsty
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My younger, hipper friend chose this hotel, and while I thought the location was great, I was concerned that I wouldn't fit in at all - being a little bit "older". Boy was I wrong. I never once felt out of place, overlooked, or looked down upon - as can sometimes happen in "trendy" places. I really enjoyed this stay, and plan to stay here again in the future.

TIp: the rooms are pretty small. That's OK, though, because every one hangs out in the lobby when they're not out on the streets. Have a seat, there are lots of couches, chairs, and library tables to use. Lots of people were sitting in the lobby with their laptops. The WIFI works great, and you can order a drink. it's a great place to just chill out.

The decor is eclectic, sometimes silly - and this place doesn't take itself too seriously. It's just fun.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2012

So I'm a business traveler who tucks in his t-shirts and wears his Blackberry on a hip holster. I am not cool. Well, I'm super cool, but not hip. So I was wary of my visit here. Sure enough, my room had a record player and the mini-bar was hidden in a storage case that roadies use for bands. I felt like my grandfather as I noticed how dark the hallways were.

The people at this hotel are hip. They carry their disaffected air and their Apple products everywhere. Thank God I too had facial hair and glasses so that I fit in. And they're in the lobby all day. Good Lord, what do you people do. Stumptown coffee is excellent. Yes, it's from Portland and ground in Red Hook and the workers all wear hats and I'm sure they ride fixies back to Brooklyn. But as a former cop, I know coffee and that was good coffee.

The staff is just plain nice. I had a wake up call set for 9AM (Had a late meeting, not an unemployed hipster) and was at the gym and trying to get back to the room to make the wake-up call oddly, when a guy got on the elevator going to my floor and asked if I was in Room 810. I said yes and he said he was coming to wake me up. That would never happen in most of the hotels I stay in. I also liked that the front desk knew my name and called me Graham. Didn't seem informal at all. Seemed quite friendly.

I'm a born and raised New Yorker and I value my elite status at Hilton and SPG. But when I return to New York, I'm going to stay here because it's fun and nice and I'm not a hipster.

Room Tip: A bunk room literally has bunk beds. Might want to upgrade if you're over 15.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank GCC14173
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Hi Graham,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at Ace.
We're happy to hear you enjoyed the coffee, the service, and your overall stay.
Blackberries and Apples are all welcome here just the same. We'd love to be your home away from home whenever you return to NYC, and look forward to having you back soon.

the team at Ace.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel drips hip. From the charcoal soap in each bathroom to its smartly dressed staff, the Ace is hands down the coolest hotel in Manhattan. I was extremely disappointed by the location - greasy Midtown South always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Location aside, the amenities and service of the hotel itself are fabulous, and I highly recommend a stay here. However, beware of one thing: there are many hipsters afoot!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Ace won't be for everyone, but I found it OUTSTANDING. I am neither young nor hip, but I loved the scene, the vibe, the funkiness, a VERY comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom with a luxuriously large shower.

I travel lots for work and sometimes wake up unable to remember quite where I am. This does not happen with The Ace--I mean, how many rooms feature a guitar and an old refrigerator? The Breslin restaurant is really delicious--breakfast was awesome--and I think Stumptown coffee it, quite simply, the best.

When I checked in, I jokingly asked if they had a special floor for "old people" and the young attractive people at the front desk laughed (with me, not at me) and put me on the top floor with a killer view of the Empire State Building. Two TV stations weren't working so a friendly maintenance guy came right up and rebooted the TV for me--all fixed. The subway stop is right there and it's an easy walk to Penn Station. Definitely will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor away from the elevator and not on Broadways side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo