“Fresh, Nice and Healthy”
Review of Chop't

Chop't
Ranked #5,305 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 12, 2013

They have got really wide range of vegetable varieties that you would like in your salad and they even have dressings that just are perfect. This place was crowded when I went there perhaps being the lunch hour because you could tell from the crowd but overall it is a nice place where you can just pick and tell them what you would like in your salad and they get your order with a nice efficiency. They also have the specials for those who just want to try something for the first time without wanting to go through all the selection work. I thought it was perfect for anybody who wants a quick fix but in the healthy category not having to worry for the calories.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My son and dad saw this as we were on our way to the Empire State building. Came back the next day for dinner. Alot of buisness people would stop in and take it home or work. It was a busy and steady. It really is a neat idea where you tell them what you want in your salad and they chop it up. Great salads and the prices were not that bad for NY.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I wish we had this chain in Australia! Fresh, great range of salads or huge range of ingredients if you want to design your own. There was quite a queue but a large number of staff meant that the queue moved quickly.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I hadn't heard of this restaurant before wandering in for a quick lunch on a recent vacation, but was very impressed with the selections. I liked the process of making specific ingredient selections, then having it chopped, dressing added, then placed in a nice re-useable container (these are hefty salads, so it works well for your "doggie" bag). Fresh ingredients, quick service and reasonably-priced. I hadn't noticed many restaurants in this particular area, so it was a welcome sight to see a vegetable-based place to eat.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have visited this Chop't location several times during several trips over the past few years, and each time I return home I find myself wishing we had one in our hometown. Whether for lunch or dinner, this is a great place to get a quick meal that is fresh and healthy. In addition to the salad selections on the menu, you can build your own salad with a choice of lettuces, meats, and other toppings to suit your taste. And there are dressing options galore!

This is not a fancy place, obviously, and is probably not that atypical on the coasts, but that doesn't matter to me. What I care about is that when I am in NYC (or Washington DC) I can get a healthy meal that fills me up for about $10, not have to wait forever for preparation, and enjoy it enough that I miss the option in our town - to the point that I've actually thought about purchasing a mezzaluna. Chop't is a great place when you're trying to grab a quick bite between seeing the sights, before a show, or when you've had a long day and don't want to deal with dinner out.