“Great NYC Expirience”

and up
Brooklyn Pizza Walk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scott's Pizza Tours runs public and private tours of New York's vast pizza landscape by bus and on foot. Every tour stops at multiple pizzerias, each highlighting a different phase in the evolution of the dish from its humble beginnings as a street snack to its current position as New Yorkers' food of choice. Guests get a slice at each stop and are guided through the kitchens and back rooms of the city's most significant pizzerias. AS SEEN ON: CBS Sunday Morning, Travel Channel, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, and MORE!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Salem, Massachusetts
“Great NYC Expirience”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I booked a NYC Pizza Tour for my boyfriend's birthday and he totally loved it. I am not much of a city lover, but I had such a blast on Scott's tour that it made this my best trip to NYC ever! :)

Visited June 2014

Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Scott loves pizza”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I’ve been on many food tours over the years and figured out that what makes a good food tour a great one isn’t just amazing food – the personality of the guide is also key… and personality is something Scott has by the truckload!

Me and my husband did the Sunday pizza bus tour and had a really fun day. Scott was engaging, hilarious and has unrivalled knowledge and enthusiasm for pizza.

We were in New York for a week before the tour so I contacted Scott for some recommendations on where to eat the neighbourhood we were staying. He was only too happy to help giving us some ideas right away, and ensuring we didn't double-up with anything on our tour.

We started the day in Lombardi’s in Little Italy and then hopped on the bus for three stops in Brooklyn (Patrizia’s, J&V and Sam’s). At each stop we had a slice of margarita and had a chance to check out the oven.

We learnt about all aspects of pizza - from cheese types, sauces, oven types and temperatures and how this reflects on a pizza, plus even a history lesson thrown in. We were even given cute little packs with pizza journal’s, palette cleansers and an emergency gummy pizza!

From what I can tell Scott changes up stops on many of the tours so we would happily book in another tour next time we visit NYC.

2 Thank OrlandoMagic2013
Prince Albert, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Tour Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After site seeing for days on end, we decided it was time to do something different. I had seen Scott's Pizzeria Tour recommended on Tripadvisor so we decided to give it a try. It was a lot of fun. We had Cedric who was so knowledgeable about the history of Pizzas that he too made every stop educational and fun. It was an eye opener to see how the traditional pizzas are made and to also enjoy them sooooo much. It reminded me of the adage, "Less is More." I am definitely going to try making a homemade pizza "New York" style with Mozza as fresh and unprocessed as possible. This is an excursion I would highly recommend to everyone.

1 Thank Wally H
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mamma Mia! ( And Dad) what a Pizza Tour!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Wow, folks this is must do while in NYC! At first thought I did not want to do a pizza tour and went along with my daughter, son-in-law, his mother and my best friend of 37 years and Wow, this we all agreed that this was the highlight of this NYC visit. Scott our guide ( a NY treasure himself) thanks for such an amazing, fun and educational tour. Your knowledge and enthusiasm is unbelievable, and we will never eat pizza again without thinking about the 3 hours we spent with you. You have found your niche! We all had such a great time! Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
“Must-do pizza deliciousness!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A fun, interesting, casual way to see the hidden pizza gems of NYC. I got a real feel for the history of pizza in New York, learnt a LOT about pizza, and had some of the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten. If you eat pizza in NY without going on one of these, you're seriously missing out!

Visited September 2013