Book In Advance
Tours from Scott's Pizza Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Scott's Pizza Tours
from $55.00
More Info
from $55.00
More Info
All reviews great pizza love pizza scott's enthusiasm pizza history walking tour pizza making ny pizza yellow school bus pizza lover crosstown pizza walk thin crust new york his passion great tour his knowledge greenwich village highly recommend this tour
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Enthusiastic. Funny. Kind. Knowledgeable. Tasty.

Our tour experience started with Scott himself asking to see our reservation code/ticket. He asked where my group was from and immediately named a pizzeria in the area (Mineo's in Pittsburgh). I asked him about another (Aiello's) and he had interviewed the owners son a few months prior to our tour. Whoa. This guy is seriously all about the pizza.

The tour is free flowing and not structured. He taught our group of about 20 how pizza had become the food it is, starting from the origin in Italy to the modern day pizzeria. He even took us back to look at ovens. We got to try three slices, one at every stop. The slices are large and quite filling so don't load up before going on the tour. And as I said free flowing, the tour is decided by the group/Scott. He ran into the son of the owner of a pizzeria and that ended up being our next stop. Highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a different tour in NYC.

1  Thank Chelsea R
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have never seen someone who loves pizza like Scott! His passion truly comes through as he gets you to explore what makes a great slice of pizza! A great chance to eat, truly appreciate, and learn how to recreate the experience in your own kitchen.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fresh pizza, quality family meal.. drinks were on point for my husband and I. Usually tough food critics... I'd have to say, I enjoyed my experience here and we will certainly be back. Clean bathrooms is always a plus.. friendly service and quick as appreciated in NY!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I took the NYC Pizza Bus Tour in April 2012 and enjoyed it so much, I vowed to take another of Scott's tours next time I was in the NYC area. The Greenwich Village Pizza Walk was just as enjoyable thanks to Scott. He took our group into Keste 30 minutes before the restaurant opened so we could get a behind-the-scenes tour, highlighting the wood-fired oven and dough used to make the pizzas. Scott's knowledge and passion about the history of pizza, from Italy to immigrants that brought pizza to NYC in the late 1800s, set the stage for another great afternoon touring the best pizza places in the City. He even talked about pizza restaurants in the hometowns of each tour member, which helped personalize the tour for all of us.

After Keste, we crossed Bleecker Street to John's, then ventured into Soho for a stop at Ben's. The pizza at each restaurant was different, and Scott involved the group in discussing how and why the pizzas were different. During our walk, Scott showed us points of pizza interest, indicating where John's was originally located and discussing how other nearby pizza restaurants came into existence.

The pizza at all three restaurants was delicious and reason enough to go on the tour. Scott makes it so much better by tying pizza, the restaurants we visited, and other pizza restaurants throughout the City to the history of NYC. His enthusiasm, selection of restaurants, and true desire to ensure all group members have a great experience is remarkable. I cannot wait to go on another of his tours.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Scott's enthusiasm, not just for pizza, but for NYC and meeting new people, is infectious! My boyfriend loves pizza, but our knowledge of it was somewhat limited to the frozen kind we shoved in the oven, and the kind that came to our door when we were too lazy to put one in the oven!

What Scott doesn't know about pizza, from it's origins and the science involved in creating bases and sauces, to where to get the best slices in NYC today, just isn't worth knowing.

We took the walking tour and explored Little Italy and Greenwich Village, areas my partner and I both preferred to the Times Square/Broadway/5th Avenue tourist traps usually frequented by visitors to the city.

Scott was informative, fun, attentive and clearly passionate about pizza, and passing that knowledge on. We can't wait to come back and do the bus tour soon.