“Excellent”

Gotham Walking Tours of New York City
Ranked #126 of 640 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lina Viviano, the Founder of Gotham Walking Tours, conducts private tours of New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), with an emphasis on the extraordinary historical, cultural, architectural, ethnic, and culinary traditions that have made New York City one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world. Experience New York City on foot. Experience New York City up close and personal with a licensed guide who has been researching New York City history for over twenty years and who has a passion for this incredible City. All tours are conducted by Lina. Walk Gotham!
Reviewed August 17, 2013

During our recent trip to New York we had the pleasure of taking an all day walking tour with Gotham Walking Tours. Our guide Lina picked us up from our hotel promptly at 9am. We walk from Midtown Manhattan, Broadway, Central Park, Grand Central Station, Greenwich Village, Soho, Little Italy, China town, all the way down to Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge ending our day at Wall Street. Throughout the whole day Lina was a wealth of knowledge, her information on architecture, history and culture was amazing she answered all our questions. Lina is an excellent guide, if you are going to New York we recommend Gotham Walking Tours she will show you the real New York.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have lived in NYC most of my life. I can honestly say I thought I knew more than most people regarding NYC factoids until I went on the Gotham Walking Tour. Lina is a superb tour guide with a passion for history and all things NYC that is both admirable and contagious. While walking she points out architectural differences in buildings and details, mentions several historical stories, and tells you things you would never know without going on her tour. She knows the stores and restaurants to go to in every neighborhood and is also very aware of all the key players in NYC - past and present. I found it fascinating, but honestly it was how how the information was delivered. Lina is obviously uber informed and able to deliver the info succinctly, but she is pleasant, kind, and very funny!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting lower Manhattan, FiDi and Battery Park City with the fabulously knowledgable Lina .
I feel I have had a wonderful history exposé.
I can imagine the gaslights of downtown and the clip pity clop of horses in the narrow and winding streets of Theater Row.
I loved Battery Park, what a great place to live with all those spectacular Hudson River views.
I take the opportunity to join one of Lina's tours whenever time permits.
They are inspiring and awesome.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend Adrian and I took Lina's tour around Lower Manhattan which included Battery Park, Financial and Flat Iron District. Lina had knowledge of EVERY single block we crossed and a excellent story to go along with it.

Make sure you bring your camera and a notepad, youl'll have plenty of stories to impress your friends with! Lina was enthusiastic about any and all questions any members of the group had

I plan on taking another tour with her in the near future to further my knowledge of NYC!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a fun day. NYC is such an interesting place once you take a moment to stop and look around. Lina was our tour guide and she is very knowledgable of the area. Def a great way to spend an afternoon.
cant wait to take the Chelsea and West Village Tours