“A MUST-DO in NYC”

Gotham Walking Tours of New York City
Ranked #112 of 620 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lina Viviano, the Founder of Gotham Walking Tours, conducts private tours of New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), with an emphasis on the extraordinary historical, cultural, architectural, ethnic, and culinary traditions that have made New York City one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world. Experience New York City on foot. Experience New York City up close and personal with a licensed guide who has been researching New York City history for over twenty years and who has a passion for this incredible City. All tours are conducted by Lina. Walk Gotham!
3 attraction reviews
“A MUST-DO in NYC”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have lived in NYC most of my life. I can honestly say I thought I knew more than most people regarding NYC factoids until I went on the Gotham Walking Tour. Lina is a superb tour guide with a passion for history and all things NYC that is both admirable and contagious. While walking she points out architectural differences in buildings and details, mentions several historical stories, and tells you things you would never know without going on her tour. She knows the stores and restaurants to go to in every neighborhood and is also very aware of all the key players in NYC - past and present. I found it fascinating, but honestly it was how how the information was delivered. Lina is obviously uber informed and able to deliver the info succinctly, but she is pleasant, kind, and very funny!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Yet another terrific and exiting look at New York history.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting lower Manhattan, FiDi and Battery Park City with the fabulously knowledgable Lina .
I feel I have had a wonderful history exposé.
I can imagine the gaslights of downtown and the clip pity clop of horses in the narrow and winding streets of Theater Row.
I loved Battery Park, what a great place to live with all those spectacular Hudson River views.
I take the opportunity to join one of Lina's tours whenever time permits.
They are inspiring and awesome.

New York City, New York
“put on your walking shoes!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend Adrian and I took Lina's tour around Lower Manhattan which included Battery Park, Financial and Flat Iron District. Lina had knowledge of EVERY single block we crossed and a excellent story to go along with it.

Make sure you bring your camera and a notepad, youl'll have plenty of stories to impress your friends with! Lina was enthusiastic about any and all questions any members of the group had

I plan on taking another tour with her in the near future to further my knowledge of NYC!

“Flatiron”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a fun day. NYC is such an interesting place once you take a moment to stop and look around. Lina was our tour guide and she is very knowledgable of the area. Def a great way to spend an afternoon.
cant wait to take the Chelsea and West Village Tours

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Seeing Brooklyn with a Real Insider”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I have had some great trips to New York but in the past have always stuck to Manhattan. We wanted to visit Brooklyn and on reading about Gotham Walking Tours felt we could really benefit from the inside knowledge of a guide. We arranged a personalised five-hour tour for just the two of us, starting with a crossing of the Brooklyn Bridge and taking in DUMBO, Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens. We were utterly delighted with our choice: Lina is hugely knowledgeable and told us so much about where we were and what we were seeing, mixing architecture, history, and culture, with just the right amount of quirky detail, and drawing on her own experience, including a long period living in Brooklyn. And she did so in a natural, lively, conversational way. Her passion for New York and her erudition both shone through. We cannot recommend Gotham too highly and hope to walk with Lina again on a future visit to New York.