“put on your walking shoes!”

Gotham Walking Tours of New York City
Ranked #52 of 659 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lina Viviano, the Founder of Gotham Walking Tours, conducts private tours of New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), with an emphasis on the extraordinary historical, cultural, architectural, ethnic, and culinary traditions that have made New York City one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world. Experience New York City on foot. Experience New York City up close and personal with a licensed guide who has been researching New York City history for over twenty years and who has a passion for this incredible City. All tours are conducted by Lina. Walk Gotham!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend Adrian and I took Lina's tour around Lower Manhattan which included Battery Park, Financial and Flat Iron District. Lina had knowledge of EVERY single block we crossed and a excellent story to go along with it.

Make sure you bring your camera and a notepad, youl'll have plenty of stories to impress your friends with! Lina was enthusiastic about any and all questions any members of the group had

I plan on taking another tour with her in the near future to further my knowledge of NYC!

All reviews
in 259 reviews
"manhattan"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a fun day. NYC is such an interesting place once you take a moment to stop and look around. Lina was our tour guide and she is very knowledgable of the area. Def a great way to spend an afternoon.
cant wait to take the Chelsea and West Village Tours

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I have had some great trips to New York but in the past have always stuck to Manhattan. We wanted to visit Brooklyn and on reading about Gotham Walking Tours felt we could really benefit from the inside knowledge of a guide. We arranged a personalised five-hour tour for just the two of us, starting with a crossing of the Brooklyn Bridge and taking in DUMBO, Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens. We were utterly delighted with our choice: Lina is hugely knowledgeable and told us so much about where we were and what we were seeing, mixing architecture, history, and culture, with just the right amount of quirky detail, and drawing on her own experience, including a long period living in Brooklyn. And she did so in a natural, lively, conversational way. Her passion for New York and her erudition both shone through. We cannot recommend Gotham too highly and hope to walk with Lina again on a future visit to New York.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was fortunate enough to have been referred to Gotham Walking Tours by some colleagues and I opted to take the walking tour of Tribeca. I learned so many things I never would have known, nor would have ever occurred to me to think about. Lina, the founder and owner of Gotham Walking Tours explained everything from the 2 original families who bought/owned most of Tribeca in the 1600s, to why the Eastern Side of Tribeca is mostly cast iron, to the buzz worthy building/restaurants/activities in Tribeca thru today. It was fascinating the whole way thru and Lina is truly Mrs. New York City. I cant wait to take other tours of hers!

1  Thank Lauren K
See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are curious about the architecture and interested in stories about NYC, from the quirky to the scandalous, to beautiful and inspiring, then I highly recommend going on several walking tours with Lina. I have done the West Village tour, as well as SoHo, East Village and the Upper West Side. I keep coming back for more because I love learning about the city in an easy, fun, and accessible way. I always leave the tour with interesting stories that I can tell my friends and family about the city. Lina makes me look like such an expert!! HA! I took my boyfriend and he was thoroughly impressed as well. What a great way to spend the afternoon :)

2  Thank EvanDennie