“Upper East Side Tour”

Gotham Walking Tours of New York City
Ranked #115 of 625 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lina Viviano, the Founder of Gotham Walking Tours, conducts private tours of New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), with an emphasis on the extraordinary historical, cultural, architectural, ethnic, and culinary traditions that have made New York City one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world. Experience New York City on foot. Experience New York City up close and personal with a licensed guide who has been researching New York City history for over twenty years and who has a passion for this incredible City. All tours are conducted by Lina. Walk Gotham!
“Upper East Side Tour”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a wonderful experience! I thought I knew "everything" about the UES but I was wrong. Lina is a treasure trove of historical information and anecdotes. Despite high temperatures and the occasional shower, the time just flew by as we traversed west to east and south to north covering a huge section of the Upper East Side neighborhoods. I am looking forward to exploring other sections of our City with her.

“Wonderful Tour!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently took the Upper East Side tour with Lina and was so impressed. Lina's knowledge of NYC is extensive and her enthusiasm is unmatched. The group tour was thorough and we never felt rushed. I will definitely sign up for more Gotham Walking Tours!

New York, New York, United States
“Tribeca walking tour.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having lived in in Greenwich village for over 25 years, I thought I knew quite a bit of Tribeca. My recent walking tour with Lina, was extremely informative and I would recommend her for any tour she may be conducting.

Regards,
Robert Mobley

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing History Shared & not found in your travel books”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What an incredible Upper East Side tour I took part of yesterday. For someone interested in Architecture, or Development, or the history of cultural groups and their migration into the different neighborhoods of NYC-- this tour taught me so much and truly made me eager to learn more! Lead by a woman clearly well-versed and extremely intelligent-- this tour was beyond my expectations and I plan to take other neighborhood tours with this company. I love getting local insight that makes me feel at home in the best world city and this company provides exactly that!

1 Thank Sarah G
New York, New York, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Upper East Side is SO Diverse!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I took the Upper East Side walking tour and wow, was it eye opening!!! The architecture, the size and all the different people you never knew existed in this neighborhood. I used to think only downtown was cool but Lina showed us the pockets of interest. I would definitely take another one of her tours and bring back my out of state family when they are in town. This was an easy to listen to and FUN learning experience.