“Learned so much with Lina!”

Gotham Walking Tours of New York City
Ranked #112 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lina Viviano, the Founder of Gotham Walking Tours, conducts private tours of New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), with an emphasis on the extraordinary historical, cultural, architectural, ethnic, and culinary traditions that have made New York City one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world. Experience New York City on foot. Experience New York City up close and personal with a licensed guide who has been researching New York City history for over twenty years and who has a passion for this incredible City. All tours are conducted by Lina. Walk Gotham!
Reviewed May 23, 2012

As a resident of Manhattan I have always wanted to do a walking tour but never had time. Recently I went on the Columbus Circle tour with Lina and had a blast. I had always remembered my grandmother telling me that for many years my grandfather worked in Columbus Circle. So it was very interesting to be taken back in time with Lina's stories of the history of the area and to see how it looked to my grandfather decades ago. He knowledge of fun facts, architecture, and NYC history make for a fascinating experience. I look forward to partaking in more of her tours in the coming weeks.

1  Thank Martin N
There are newer reviews for Gotham Walking Tours of New York City

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was recently on a tour of Columbus Circle & "the Lower" Upper West Side with Lina of Gotham Walking Tours. The experience was extraordinary. From historic and architectural details to little- known fun facts and neighborhood dining recommendations - Lina's delivery is engaging - like a walking, interactive, glossy-paged encyclopedia. She makes the tour every bit as enjoyable as it is educational. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Venetia S
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Lina is very knowlegeable and very professional as she directs and guides the tour. I didn't realize the time we've spent because Lina made it very interesting and her pacing is excellent!

1  Thank bluetteberna
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Know that the Flatiron has rich history, I was pleased to experience a fantastic, fun, and educational tour from Gotham in this neighborhood. Our tour guide is approachable and knowledgeable and allows full participation of conversation with the group. As the neighborhood is growing both in residence and commercial, our guide gave us up to the date info on shopping, eating, architecture, history and more.
We recommend Gotham Walking Tours- its the best way to experience a New York neighborhood.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have used Gotham Walking Tours several times in the last several months, and I have found them to be engaging and interactive with each tour. Fully knowledgeable on New York City and the buroughs, Gotham Walking Tours seems to have it all covered. Historical and factual relavence is the key with this company, as well as its city wide resources for getting you into the most ceveted historical sites in the city. I will continue to use Gotham and recommende to others!!!

2  Thank emm257