The Townhouse Inn of Chelsea
$335
$305
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$161
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
$159
$126
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$153
$138
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$173
$144
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bhonor barbagelsmurphy bedbed and breakfastnew yorkhome away from homeflatiron buildinghard boiled eggsother guestsnice breakfastfelt like homefresh fruitmadison square parkthe high linerooms are largeeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2005

I think this is probably a very good place to stay in NYC. The neighborhood is vibrant, edgy in spots, but vibrant. We found it quiet during heat(the air conditioning blocked noise) but noisy when raining. Although we had asked for a very quiet room, we could still hear the shelter activity next door when the AC was off. Breakfast is Costco in nature and the eggs, left out overnite, a bit disconcerting. It's got its funkier aspects which can be charming or NOT. The access is amazing with subway lines readily available 1-2 blocks in any direction. Front desk staff were somewhat but not extemely helpful(knowledge was lacking not intent). We chose this over the Abingdon for staff. I don't know that I think the "staff" was worth the extra $$.

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank Hobbes
Reviewed August 20, 2005

I recently booked a reservation at the Inn on 23rd based on TripAdvisor reviews and recommendations from NY friends and associates about area in NYC where the Inn is located. As a seasoned traveller that has stayed in B&B's in several states, I originally contacted the Inn on a Tuesday was was informed by a female the Inn had only one room available for the 3 nights I requested. The available room happened to be their Suite and was larger than I needed so I stated I would consider it and call back. After a night of thought, I again contacted the Inn the next day and asked if the room still available for the 3 nights I requested. Again I was told yes by the female on the telephone; my reservation accepted, a deposit applied to my credit card and I received email confirmation of my reservation. Two days later I was contacted by a female from the Inn and informed the room was "overbooked" for the last night of my reservation and would I mind if they relocated me to another hotel. The female apologized and stated the "other" female that accepted the reservation made a mistake, and while I can't affirm for certain, all of the females sounded exactly the same. I declined and requested a refund which was promptly issued. The timing of the "overbooking" appears to be suspect and if this were a hotel, I probably wouldn't give it another thought; but for a B&B to be overbooked......I doubt it. Based on the previous reviews, the Inn may be a nice place to stay, but I will never know. I truly hope my experience does not represent a new industry practice.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank DGEM6
Reviewed August 20, 2005

A delightful respite from the hurly burly of Manhattan: Friendly, helpful staff; immaculate; comfortable atmosphere in a very convenient location.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank chowoo
Reviewed August 2, 2005

After 4 nights in Vegas my wife and I arrived at the Inn - having made the booking based on Tripadvisor reviews. We wanted something different from the usual Marriot/Hilton hotel room type and cannot thank the Inn enough for providing us with a perfect base for our 1st visit to NY.

We stayed in the French Provincial room - it faced the alley next to the 'shelter' - but we never heard a single noise in 8 nights. We passed the shelters' residents each day and we never felt uncomfortable in their presence - but, then again, why should we have?

Breakfast was always good - choices of cereals, bagels, toast, fruit juice, pastries etc and as much coffee or tea as you needed. I was impressed by the honour bar - always a nice touch.

Even better was the cheese and wine that was laid on 3 of the days we were there - so relaxing to sit and scoff fine wine and cheeses whilst exchanging holiday stories with your fellow travellers.

Throw in free internet access, a superb library and a host of newspapers and magazines and I'm surprised we saw as much of NY as we did!!

Location was very good also - with a multitude of cafes, deli's, bars and restaurants on your doorstep. Add the 4 subway stops that were within easy walking distance and transport to all the NY attractions were a mere Metro Card away.

Not forgetting the staff - helpful, polite and friendly. All in all a fantastic choice. We shall be returning to NY next year and there is only one place we will be staying - The Inn on 23rd.

• Stayed: June 2005
14  Thank homertimpson
Reviewed July 1, 2005

We stayed for four days in September 2004. We like it so much that we're going back in September for 7 days.

We stayed in the Canopy room last time which was very spacious. However there was some traffic noise but the white noise machine in the bedroom helped a lot. The Inn was clean and well kept.

The library was great with good breakfasts, an honour bar and free internet access.

In a hotel you're very anonymous and never meet people, in the Inn it's smaller and you get to meet people which I think is great.

• Stayed: September 2004