“Cool Greenwich place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Greenwich Village Habitue
Ranked #16 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Reading, UK
Reviewed July 30, 2005

My friend & I stayed here for a week in April this year and loved it! The apartments are in a gorgeous red brick townhouse, classic NYC style. The owners were really friendly and very helpful - each apartment is full of leaflets and info for what ever you want to do in the city that never sleeps. The apatrments are large and cleaned every day. The area of Greenwich Village is a great place to stay to feel like a local, not a tourist. I would reccommend this place to anyone who wants the feel of the real NYC.

• Stayed: April 2005
92  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 20, 2005

My husband and I had the best four days in New York this past weekend. We had found the GV Habitue on this site and because of all the excellent reviews decided to give it a try. The lovely apartment definitely exceeded our expectations and we truly felt like locals while staying there. Matthew and Kevin were so welcoming when we arrived and they supplied tons of information on NY and the immediate area. We came and went as we pleased but always enjoyed returning to our "home" in the West Village. The GV Habitue is in a great location surrounded by fantastic restaurants and the "real" feel of New York. Last time we were in NY we stayed in the theater district which was OK but a very busy area of town. The West Village is much quieter and not so overrun with tourists. On future trips to the city we will stay in no other accommodation but the Greenwich Village Habitue. Thank-you Matthew and Kevin!

Monica and Brent

• Stayed: July 2005
67  Thank MonJo
Reviewed June 26, 2005

This is the best place to stay in Manhattan. Forget about staying in some impersonal midtown hotel. A Greenwich Village Habitue offers you an apartment of your own in the Village. You get a spacious, comfortable, beautifully furnished studio with loads of character that becomes your little peaceful haven in the funkiest, loveliest part of NYC.

You never need to make breakfast here (In NYC, who does?), just go the deli on the corner for everything you need. There are the restaurants, bars and trendy shops of the Meatpacking District on your doorstep. The new Hudson River Park is a block away. Stroll down Bleecker, buy some tunes from Rebel Rebel, get a pedicure and manicure.
Have brunch on Cornelia St.

But for us, what makes GV so special is the welcome we get from our hosts Matt and Kevin. They keep the accommodation absolutely immaculate. They greet you like old friends, recommend the best restaurants and generally make you feel at home.

We love New York. And we have come to love it even more because of staying at GV, where Matt and Kevin help you feel like a New Yorker for the duration of your stay.
What could be better?

70  Thank Giles59
Reviewed May 26, 2005

I recently spent a week at Matt and Kevin's townehome in Greenwich Village. The experience felt more like housesitting a dear friend's Village pad while he was off to London or Paris. Only the dog was missing, but there are plenty of canines in this homey neighborhood! New York City is really all about neighborhoods, and this is one of the best. You can't go wrong by renting one of these cozy apartments from two gracious hosts, Matt and Kevin! I have never stayed twice at the same hotel in New York in 37 years of visiting, but now I have finally found a home base when I return again to this great city!

• Stayed: May 2005
71  Thank napili00
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2005

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided that staying at the Greenwich Village Habitue would make my upcoming trip to New York the experience I was looking for, and booked my nights with them before booking my flight to ensure I wouldn't have to compromise on acommodation. I'm not a big fan of chain hotels, and the cool design hotels I drool over are beyond my budget. I certainly had high expectations of GV Habitue, and I was not disappointed in any way! It was literally like living in your own apartment on a quiet street in a great neighbourhood (this concept may not appeal to everyone, but it did to me!). There were a great stack of current magazines on the coffee table, and a selection of novels and NY guidebooks on the bookshelf, there were even ziploc bags and plastic wrap in the kitchen - Matt and Kevin have thought of everything. Breakfast isn't provided, which I think is very smart - I for one don't eat a big breakfast every morning, and I'd rather grab a piece of fruit and hit the road. Then when I pass that wonderful local bakery I've read about, I've got room to sample the goods! There isn't a full time reception desk of course, but Matt and Kevin were just a phone call away if we had a question or needed something. I really enjoyed chatting with them too, and felt like I was staying with old friends! My husband had never been to New York- the trip was a present for his 50th birthday - and needles to say, we'll be back soon (after we've finished watching all the NY movies!)

• Stayed: April 2005
70  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2005

Our stay in New York was truely wonderful due largely to our Apartment GV HABITUE in Greenwich Village. Onsite owner Matthew provided a very comfortable, clean, quiet and spacious Apartment which was only surpassed by the area in which it was located. Easy walk to Subway, Buses and Yellow Taxis on the corner . Great local Restaurants some which have been in the area for 30 plus years and some very new and trendy (Meatpackers Dist) one street away. Great local shops and local New Yorkers on the streets. No throngs of tourists. However we were only a short trip to all the great attractions New York has to offer. Highly recommend if you like to get away from large impersonal Hotels.

45  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southwold, England
Reviewed April 24, 2005

This delightful 4 storey victorian town house has beautiful, characterful appartments, run by helpful owners in a street of similar achictectural gems . We fell in love with the whole arera.

GV Habitue is a short walk from the subway, Hudson, Christopher, Bleeker Streets and the meat packing district, with a great choice of cafes, restuarants, original shops. Well placed for discovering the rest of downtown and a short ride to Mid and Uptown. We stayed a week and will be booking another trip next year.

We'll never book in another hotel in Manhattan whilst there are places like Greenwich Village Habitue to stay in.

28  Thank A TripAdvisor Member