“I Would Go Just for the Bread.”
Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 9th Avenue
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 8th Avenue/14th Street.
Description: Scarpetta is LDV Hospitality's signature restaurant concept that first launched in New York's Meatpacking District. The Italian expression, "fare la scarpetta," describes the gesture of taking the little boot-shaped piece of bread to soak up the remaining sauce left in the pot of one's home kitchen. In 2008, Scarpetta received a James Beard nomination for 'Best New Restaurant in America' as well as a coveted three-star review from the New York Times.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“I Would Go Just for the Bread.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

On my visits to NY, I must head over to Scarpetta for a meal. I dine at the bar (getting a seat can be difficult) where the bartenders are always friendly and helpful. I'm not a fan of Italian restaurants because I think I can cook a better pasta dish myself. However, this place has sucked me in on their bread basket that includes delicious stromboli. Yum. I usually start the evening with the creamy polenta and then try a new pasta dish. During my last visit, I tried the black farfalle with lobster. This dish looks a bit scary because it's so dark but it's quite good. In the past, I've ordered the spaghetti entree that is quite popular. I must admit it's really good as well. The dish definitely inspired me to change my own recipe. I've only had dessert here once. I'm usually too stuff to eat anything else. If you have a chance, definitely try this place. Heads up, it's not cheap and my recent meal with 2 glasses of wine and tip surpassed $100.

• Turkish first
Pine Brook, New Jersey
“Totally lives up to expectations!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I took my husband there for Father's Day having watched Scott Conant on Chopped many times. Everything was top shelf - great decor, great service, great, innovative food. Highly recommend!

Singapore, Singapore
“Superb dining experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were very lucky to get a last minute reservation for four at Scarpetta. Minus a mistake with bringing us an incorrect dish, service was at a high standard - they were very patient considering it took us 40 mins to even order.

All of the courses was of a high quality, but the standout dish for me was the duck and fois gras ravioli which just melted in the mouth.

With a bubbly ambience, this is a great for an upmarket meal with friends. Highly recommend trying it and will definitely be going back for me.

Moorestown, New Jersey
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent dinner; started with the octopus and Seafood fritti, both of which were excellent. The octopus was very tender and had a nice flavor complement by chick peas and truffle foam. The mixed seafood fritti was calamari and thinly sliced vegetables lightly floured and fried in olive oil, very light and fresh. The pasta course was disappointing, short rib stuffed pasta, the flavor was pretty good, however it was slightly over cooked. The entrees, Red Snapper and Scallops, both had outstanding flavor, the scallops had four large scallops but the dish was slightly small for an entree. The cheese plate was our dessert, we selected three cheeses, all of which were excellent, however the presentation was lacking, as were accompaniments. One of the best Italian I've been to in NYC.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious gourmet inventive Italian”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food, service, and atmosphere were wonderful. The preparations are unique and every bite was amazing. Don't skip dessert.

Visited May 2013