“One of the best”
Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #266 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 9th Avenue
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 8th Avenue/14th Street.
Description: The Italian expression, "fare la scarpetta," describes the gesture of taking the little boot-shaped piece of bread to soak up the remaining sauce left in the pot of one's home kitchen. In 2008, Scarpetta received a James Beard nomination for 'Best New Restaurant in America' as well as a coveted three-star review from the New York Times.
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Chef Scott takes pasta and other culinary delights to the next level
We are foodies that were delighted at the experence of each and every taste from the appetizers to desert
This delight is not to be missed

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Seriously. We all had the tasting menu which was perfect. They put all of their signature dishes into the tasting menu and I'm so grateful to have tasted them all. Even the Spaghetti with tomato sauce was special. I loved every bit of this dinner and will return when I'm back in the city.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our airport limo driver.
We got our hotel to make our reservation and were able to get it for the same night.
We really enjoyed it and the food was delicious but I think it was over-priced.
$24 for a fairly small bowl of spaghetti is too much.....
The restaurant itself had a good atmosphere, it was very full, the service was very good.
It was a lovely meal with friends but I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

On a whim we went down to the City from CT with no plans for dinner. I remembered my friend had raved about the restaurant, so we took out or Iphone to find it. I'm glad we did. Early dinner, no reservations, but the greeters sent us to the bar for approx 5 mimutes and gave my date and I a great table by the window. Then it happened... we were transported to a time when service was king! Honestly, it was such a pleasure to have people all around you with great suggestions from wine to menu items. We split the scallops then the pasta dish. My date had venison and I had the steak.Wine paired up nicely. Every course was perfect with our servers super attentive, yet very inconspicuous. Normally we skip dessert and coffee, but this time enjoyed this also. One of the best experiences we have had in a long time. We will be back for sure!

1  Thank travelller27
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had leftover train tix and my hubby wanted to try Scarpettas. So we grabbed a cab from GC and it took about 8 minutes to get there. (CAB FARE about 9 bucks) It's in the meat packing district, which is energetic. At first we couldn't find it because the entry and forefront are so hidden.....but once in, we were greeted by 3 lovely ladies who immediately directed us to the restrooms and the bar. We hung out at the bar while they got our table ready, which took all of about 5 minutes. They seated us by the front window, which is still in the bar area, but are view was fabulous! We had I believe at least 3 or 4 waiters taking care of us. Food was great. Service was impeccable. We felt like royalty. I would go there again in a heartbeat.