Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,565 results
All reviews view of the empire state building rooftop bar times square bryant park penn station few blocks strand mvc nyc concierge midtown district
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

If you want the best possible experience come after they finish construction. The construction has shut down the bar and gym facility and has made a mess of much of the building. The construction can be loud at times and intrusive. The use of 1 elevator can make for long waits as well. No room service or restaurant.

The service is 5 stars and very friendly. The maid service is great and also super friendly.

The hotel rooms are small as to be expected for New York standards. Each room really is only for 2 people. No more than that.

On the roof, like other reviews state, have great reviews of the Empire State Building.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Roland H
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Please contact our Customer Care team directly at 800-860-9384 or customer.care@vacationclub.com so we may address your concerns personally. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review.

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Liked the hotel, clean room, nice size bathroom. Construction going on not a big issue getting around in the hotel just aggravating at 9am hearing a lot of drilling. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Gatortoe13
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We hope you will join us again once construction is complete.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

We were in NYC at the end of March for a weekend and stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club Pluse and I have to say thank you to the floor manager Ryan for working with me on my request for rooms - I had reservations for two deluxe king room with a sofa bed, but received an e-mail from management that these rooms had showers only, as we were travelling with grandchildren 4 years and 4 months – I needed at least one room with a tub and a refrigerator and the rooms to be close to each other. All this was done via e-mail and finally a phone call the day before arrival. The e-mail also addressed the ongoing renovations and that the restaurant and fitness facility were not available.
When I checked in on arrival – with two tired children, I was informed that I have two rooms on the 16 floor near each other – a king deluxe and a queen double with a tub facing the Empire State building. The king deluxe was large and ample space for a pack and play, which was provided. The queen double was normal size for a NYC room. The rooms were well furnished and the beddings and linen are of Marriott standard, very comfortable. The rooms were serviced daily and a turndown service in the evening. It is important to understand the layout of the rooms on each floor, to reserve the correct one.
We received amazing service from the desk staff to the door staff and was not inconvenience by the renovations, in fact it was nice to be able to chat with the staff as to history of the building and the final plans of NYC Pluse, while waiting for the elevators.
As the fitness center was not available they sent my son-in-law to a center nearby and was not charged for using it.
The NYC Pluse is located walking distance to the Empire State Building, Times Square, Byrant Park, Broadway Theatres, Macy and many good restaurants nearby . Although the hotel was on a busy street, the rooms were very quiet. I didn't have any issues while staying there during the renovations.
Thank you to the staff at NYC Pluse for the wonderful stay and we are looking forward to returning when the renovation is completed.

Room tip: Asj for a high floor facing the Empire State Building. Not all rooms have a tub.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank myo2908
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to make it even more exceptional. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

We really enjoyed this property. We knew about the construction in advance so our expectations were set before arriving. We did not notice any elevator delays until Monday morning (arrived Friday afternoon, left at noon on Monday). I assume the construction work was amped up on Monday versus over the weekend. We saw construction crews throughout the weekend but everyone was friendly and courteous. We had a planned room change on Sat am (needed larger room Fri night, 1 extra person) so we had a non-reno room on Friday which was great and then a smaller, renovated room on Sat and Sun - also great! We did not experience any bad smells or disturbance related to the construction. The reno'd room had a very "new carpet" smell but who can complain about that? In the Empire King category room Fri night, we had the pullout sofa which we needed. We were disappointed to find, at 130am when we turned in for the night, there was no bedding supplied in the room so we had to call down and wait quite a while for someone to bring it up to us. This could have easily been avoided as we were registered as 3 guests for this room. On check in we were not informed of the continental breakfast available to us in the Lower Lobby. We found it when we went to the LL by mistake as we checked out. I suggest the check in staff be more forthcoming with that to new guests. We LOVED the rooftop patio and were thrilled to find the roof partially open on Friday night when we arrived. The sunset was bouncing off the ESB and it was a stunning view! We did not have a view room but we noticed and appreciated how very quiet both our rooms were. Our last visit to the area, I stayed at a competitor hotel and could hear the traffic all the way up in my room on the 12th floor! At Pulse, we were on 8 and 18 and did not hear a single sound - perhaps because we were on the backside of the hotel? It was a noticeable difference to our party as compared to the last trip. The location of this site is the best I have stayed at! (4 visits to this area in recent years). We saw 4 shows in 72 hours and walked everywhere in dress clothes/shoes - less than 1 mile to any of the theatre venues we visited. Wonderful!!! Subway station is 2 blocks away making for a quick trip to the Staten Island Ferry. Our Friday guest even took transit to LGA when she left and could not believe how easy, quick and inexpensive it was!! As long time MVC owners, we love the concept of the new Pulse brand and are very excited to come back to this site and perhaps check out some of the other Pulse locations. It is exactly what was missing from our MVC ownership and we are thrilled with it! We hope to see you again very soon (waiting for Pretty Woman, the musical to open). Oh! I should mention....one extra thing, not a deal breaker but a slight disappointment.....when booking our stay, in our follow up emails, phone call to the front desk and calls and discussion with the concierge before our arrival, I repeatedly asked people to note that this was a milestone birthday celebration for one member of our party. I plan many milestone trips and this was the first time at any property (Marriott, Hilton, Westin) that the milestone has not been acknowledged when we arrived. The expectation is low - could be anything from a warm greeting "I see you are celebrating this weekend" to a gift in the room (Hilton presented my Mother with a lovely surprise on her milestone) --- knowing the quality of the Marriott brand and the fact we are long time owners, I was surprised that none of these many (10-12) comments and reminders ever made it to the check in counter. I'm not asking for a gift or anything for free - just that it is pretty easy to make someone feel special by acknowledging their special occasion when it has been provided in advance. Looking forward to returning once the reno's are completed - see you soon!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank CalgaryFamily3
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City. We apologize that our staff missed the mark in celebrating your milestone. Your feedback has been shared with our senior resort management. We hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your return to New York City.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

The hotel is still under construction, it's noisy, messy, the exercise room is not ready, and the elevators were extremely slow (not sure if it's due to the construction work.) The location is good, but the room is extremely small, especially for a one-week long vacationer, not 1 day or 2 days business trips or getaways, it's too small to even put a sofa chair inside the room!! My husband and I used to spend our weekends staying in various Marriott hotels in Manhattan, including JW Marriott Essex house, Residence Inn Bryant park, Residence inn Central Park, Marriott Marquise, the Edition Hotel, Lexington Hotel, Renaissance hotel 57, Marriott hotel Downtown, Courtyard downtown/world trade center, Fairfield Inn Chelsea, etc. Non of them has such tiny room. We spent one week here by exchanging timeshare through Interval International. When I did the vacation exchange, I had no choice but only Pulse NYC in Manhattan, but if I book hotel rooms from Marriott, I will definitely avoid Pulse NYC, it's just so disappointing! With pretty much the same price or 40,000 Marriott points (category 8) I can easily find other roomier hotels and without construction undergoing. One last thing: 3 hours after my checking out, I realized that I left some personal belongs inside the night stand's drawer. Unfortunately, I could not get them back, those things just disappeared. I was told that there was nothing they found inside the room. They also told me that the housekeeping supervisor will check every room right after the checking out of the guest, before other housekeeping personnel go inside to clean the room.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank voyageur080
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please contact Customer Care directly at 800-860-9384 or customer.care@vacationclub.som so we may assist you. We hope to hear from you soon.