“Disappointment”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Helsinki
“Disappointment”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ordered three tickets to Lion King and the Strand concierge promised to collect them. I paid the tickets and everything seemed to be ok. When we arrived in the hotel (end of December 2012), there were only two tickets and no possibility to see the show another day - the theater was sold out. Concierge promised me to reimburse my tickets. I have contact them twice and nothing has happened. I have tried to contact general manager John N Loizos directly with no luck.
So please be very careful and avoid using the Strand Hotel services or be ready for disappointment and lost of your money.
My daughter was very sad not to see this performance.
The hotel by it self was ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Strand Hotel. I cannot begin to express how flabbergasted I was reading about the confusion you encountered with show tickets during your December 2012 visit.

This unfortunately is the first time I have heard about it and therefore difficult to comment any further. I am extremely eager to discuss this with you and would be grateful if you contacted me at jloizos@thestrandnyc.com so we can schedule a time to speak.

I can assure you that the Strand Team is committed to providing service excellence and hope you will give us the opportunity to make this right! Hope to speak to you soon.

John Loizos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rooms are nice. A little small, but hey, it's NY after all.
Staff is very, very nice. They helped us out a lot- especially when we needed a cab to MetLife stadium.
The restaurant has delicious food! And the roof top bar- AWESOME!
Short walk to busy times square.
I will def. recommend this place and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this glowing review! We always love to read that guest will recommend our hotel and all that it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very good. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The location couldn't be better. The rooms are fairly large, and not relative the typical New York standard, but generally speaking.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for this review; it is always our hope to make every single guest feel the genuine warmth of our ladies and gentlemen. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to personally greeting you on your next visit.

toronto
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I chose this hotel because of all the good reviews on Trip Advisor. My friends praised my pick on this place. The location was perfect. It's around the corner from Macy's Herald Square and Times Square is a few blocks away. Not a far to walk to Eataly, Flatiron building and to Chelsea.
We had a friendly welcome by John at the door and check in went smooth, they gave us a room with a great view of the Empire State Building. The room was a good size for a NY hotel and the beds were comfortable. So comfortable that it made my friend want to buy a new mattress. The entire place was clean, even the washrooms in the lobby were clean. Don't expect this hotel to have a huge lobby because it is small but it adds to the friendly vibe of the place.
I would stay at The Strand Hotel again. My friends and I really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mytwocentsTO
John L, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I cannot imagine the pressure you were feeling when friends gave you the difficult task of selecting a hotel in NYC, with so many to choose from. It is extremely gratifying that we did not in any way disappoint you, living up to our exceptional services.

We hope this will be one of many trips for you and your friends,, and that we have made it easier for you when choosing a hotel in the future.

Hope to have the opportunity of meeting you on your next trip!

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for three nights and will be back again soon. The front desk staff and the concierge were amazing and helpful. We were nervous to try the subway but John convinced us it was the way to go. He was right. The location is excellent and our view of the Empire State Building was wonderful. We appreciated the docking station in the room along with the safety lights in the bathroom when you entered the room. The Strand will forever be on our list and any of our friends's lists. Close to Herald Square, Times Square and a short walk to Central Park.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your title is music to our ears, the team will be ecstatic with your fabulous review. Thank you for mentioning a few of the small details that make it helpful for our readers to have better insight of the Strand NYC!

We appreciate you sharing your sentiments with friends and family and welcome you to contact me directly for the best available rates. John our doorman will be delighted with your acknowledgment.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I recently returned for a 3 Night Stay @ The Strand and we couldn't be happier!
From the moment you arrive at the front door, the staff is most accommodating, professional and friendly. The hotel is centrally located in Mid-town Manhattan with easy accesses to the subway and 5th Ave/Madison Ave Shopping and loads of restaurants/bars. Moderately priced and very well appointed rooms with a nice view of the Empire State Building. Trendy little roof top bar and luxury lounge on-site is an added plus. We couldn't be happier with our selection of The Strand and will be sure to return the next time our travels take us to NYC. A big thank you to the G.M. and his amazing staff.

Room Tip: Good value for the money and centrally located.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoTraveler6651
Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure meeting you during your recent visit and so happy that we have become your home away from home when traveling to NYC.

Thank you for your heartfelt sentiments and look forward to sharing this with the Strand family.

John N. Loizos
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our first time in New York and we definitely chose the right hotel. Location was perfect. Near Empire state, Times Square short walk away, and bars and restaurants close by. The staff extremely helpful. The rooms very comfortable. Would have liked complimentary tea & coffee facilities in room but that's the only fault. Most impressive was the roof top bar. Fabulous sight at dusk seeing the city light up. Would recommend and hope to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that the Strand will forever be part of your many memories to our great city. I wish you would have called our front desk, as it would have been our pleasure to have provided you with a coffee maker.
We hope that you will make your way back to NYC soon and welcome you to contact me directly for the best available rates.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.