“Sui generis”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went there with work mates after a long week's work. The place is exciting! Amazing variety of spirits and a very period ambiance.. Waiters had impressive knowledge about almost all the types of whisky there. I could even get very rare scotches. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there! definitely looking forward to returning

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here on a whirlwind visit to New York. Was very impressed by the variety of Scotch, Cognac and Armangac. The staff were very knowledgeable and polite. Coming from Scotland I selected a single malt from my home town and was impressed by the waiters knowledge of the whisky.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was one of the highlights of our trip. With bookshelves filled with 900+ bottles of spirits, and a ladder rail system, it turns the bar paradigm into a fun learning experience.

The lighting is very dark, highlighting the backlit shelves. The overall atmosphere is subdued and refined.

I had a flight of Bourbons and Ryes (American Pride). Each was amazingly delicious and I was happy that I was able to take the flight's information card home...so I can stock my home shelf with my favorites.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I spent the latter part of the evening here on our wedding night. We were looking for somewhere quiet and different. The outside is not very inviting and the taxi driver had problems finding it, but once inside, it's like entering a different world. I had a rum flight and my wife had a spirit flight. Had we not had such a long day, we would have spent longer here, but a great place to visit which certainly lived up to our expectations.We were well looked after and had a great evening, so thanks to the staff.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had been anticipating our visit to the Brandy Library for weeks. My husband is a single malt connoisseur and I was so excited to introduce him to to this seductive, sensual destination. Whoever designed the room had a wonderful vision. Unfortunately, the staff had other ideas. While there is a vast choice of singe malt scotch, there is no real expert to offer the experience one would expect at a "library." Remember this is not a bar or a liquor store and is priced accordingly. If you get a bonus, want to impress your date and she/he doesn't know any better, then this is probably a good choice late at night.

1  Thank tuxedoavenue