“quick meal with a little visitor”

Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #512 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: B, D, F, V, N, Q, R & W trains to 34th Street/Herald Square, 1, 2 & 3 trains to 34th Street/Penn Station, and 6 to 33rd Street. M4, M16, M34 & Q32 buses to West 31st Street & 5th Avenue.
Description: Enjoy Our Outdoor Dining! Savory cheese and Jacques Torres chocolate truffles! Full menu of salads, paninis and more. Ultimate in Flavor & Style; Private Parties at the Best Wine Bar in NYC. The proprietors of AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a selection of over 90 fine wines and champagnes from all over the world. AYZA Wine & Chocolate bar, offers its patrons finest food and wines in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere, in which to dine, meet friends, or have drinks after work. Ayza is nearby Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Empire State Building, Broadway Show Theater in New York City. French, Mediterranean, Italian Restaurants. Dining at chocolate and wine bar in Times Square. Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar will be within walking distance of Broadway’s Theater District, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“quick meal with a little visitor”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a number of choices on a cold April day for dinner sites before catching a train from Penn Station. Chose Ayza on 31st because it gave us the flexibility of choosing small meals than most of the others in this very Korean dining area. We had lunch in Brooklyn Heights and were not that hungry but did want something before getting the train at 7:30. We sat in the outside area on 31st Street near the wall of the next door building enclosed in thick plastic sheeting because of the weather. Service was very pleasant and quick. We were given saki sized servings of sangria to sample along with an olice spread and bread slices. My wife had the veggie panini while I chose the 3 course A board, with Prosciutto, dried beef and duck liver, which came with a nice selection of different bread slices. Serving size was exactly what I needed at the time. I would have sliced the Prosciutto thinner, I prefer it the way it was once served to us at a Sister City dinner by an Italian company from Parma, tissue thin so it melted in your mouth. The dried beef was a bit dry to eat and could have been served with something to moisten it, maybe olive oil. The cranberry 'jam' that accompanied the dish was nice, but went better with the Prosciutto and duck pate. it is all served on a wooden board which is a nice idea but kind of tedious trying the keep things from falling onto the table top.
Two unusual things: the restroom is very close to the bar, only the one room for all the share so when it's really busy there may be a wait. Just before I went in, a woman who worked at the restaurant went in before me. Amazingly she left exactly two sheets of toilet tissue on the roll so i wound up having to replace it with the new roll.
While we were eating and it was still light out, I looked down at my wife's feet and just behind her on the other side of the plastic wall was a rat, who had come around from the other side of the wall and then turned and ran back when it realized it was in a dead end. Luckily I must have scared it because it ran right past a large unzipped opening in the bottom of the adjoining plastic sheets. When I told the lovely young waitress she needed to zip it down all the way she was very embarassed and kept appologizing for the experience, saying in her French accent "Oh, New York!" as in 'what can you do?'.
Overall a decent experience considering the weather and busy time, I'm sure there would have been a number of places where we would have had more food for the price, but this was okay and probably wasn't that expensive once you consider half the bill was for wine!

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Zadar, Croatia
“Fantastic little bar with excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Take the super cheap and great lunch combo (tomato soup and panini were just delicious). The waitress was nice and friendly.

Visited April 2013
“Excellent Wine and Chocolate Bar”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I took my girlfriend to this lovely wine & chocolate bar. There are two NYC locations. I went to the one in the West Village. We both loved it. The cheese platters were great, especially the Tete de Moine, which was recommended by the waitress. I have to say, it was DELISH!!!

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great little spot!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Grab your friends and enjoy tasty Food and drinks. Great staff too. Although I was eating alone, they treated me so special. Had a horrible travel day and they made me feel so much better.

Visited April 2013
glasgow
“Loved it”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First ever chocolate martini and it was gorgeous. We had a series of appetizers which were excellent and had signed up for ladies night with free chocolate strawberries and chocolate shots . A must for chocoholics who love a warm friendly atmosphere

Visited March 2013