“A very good meal for a great price”

Sophie's Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #3,127 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Near the Financial District, this place offers a great value for a well-cooked meal and a chance to sit down to eat with attentive service.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend recommended this restaurant after eating here with coworkers & now I too would recommend it! He and I both had the salmon special and I must say that it's quite a big portion and tasted great. I enjoyed the beans and rice while he enjoyed the rice and plantains. I sampled the plantains and they were delicious! The salmon wasn't hot off the stove as I prefer, it was warm but I think that was to prevent over cooking when I ordered. Either way it was still well seasoned and tasted great! The waitress was nice and the restaurant was packed, which was a good sign. I can't wait to go back to see what else Sophie has to offer!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Lunch is always good at Sophie's. All lunch specials are good and the fruit shakes are also good. JWT

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I always go to Chambers Street in lower Manhattan. I ordered the baked salmon, with rice and beans and maduros for $12.95 total. Add a little gravy and green sauce and it's so good. I take out because it's usually crowded during the lunch hour. The salmon was moist and not overcooked. The cuban sandwiches, baked chicken and pork chops are my favorites also. It's one of the better eat in/take out places to eat.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Sophie's is a great place for lunch. Food is always very fresh and authentic. Roast pork and Roast turkey are my favorites as well their green sauce which I use on my salad as well. I usually order for delivery so I can continue working, but eating in is pretty quick as well. It does get a bit smokey sometimes when eating in so I would consider the atmosphere so-so for eating in. In terms of value, it is very hard to find a better value for the quality of food you get.