1,584 results
All reviews shared bathroom meatpacking district captain's cabin the high line standard cabin single cabin jane street hudson river shared facilities bunk beds quirky hotel new york whitney museum greenwich village robes and slippers rooms are small rooftop bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I picked the hotel due to its location and cute cabin style rooms- I didn’t expect a huge room as it’s advertised and pictured as a rather small accommodation (if you reserve single cabin). I arrived fairly early in morning and was told there was no room available to check in. Fair enough. I went for breakfast and came back. I sat in lobby and saw multiple people checking out however no room seemed to become clean for me to check in. Hours passed by and suddenly the lobby got flooded by a leak originating from the lobby bathroom. At this point I got up again asking for an update on my room. As I came of red eye flight I was super exhausted and therefore suggested to change the bedding myself to be able to check in. The rooms are super small and to get it turned around 10 mins is a good estimate. Only when I brought up I’d be willing to clean the room myself, another employee got involved stating a room just became available. Elevator is tiny and takes forever (only one on property). Bathrooms are unisex and this wasn’t advertised on website. It merely stated ‘shared’ bathroom - in a city like New York I would expect male and female shower facilities to be separate. The situation made me unconformable. Furthermore, people were coming in to was their cooking equipment which seemed off and strange. Bedding and terry in room were in poor condition - see pics attached. Overall no genuine guest interaction. I shared my experience at check out and agent simply handed me an email address to write to. I did a couple of days later and have not received a response to date. Poor experience overall. Room also became very hot throughout the night.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

HI Carrie,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm terribly sorry to hear of the experience you described and would love to discuss this further Unfortunately we haven't received an email from you, nor will TripAdvisor allow us to write in this forum our email address. Please kindly reach out to us directly through the Jane Hotel website. I look forward to hearing from you.
Wishing Safe Travels,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of the more difficult reviews I have done. The description which the hotel puts out to the world is completely accurate. The rooms are small but the bed is comfortable and clean, there is air conditioning and most amenities you would expect from a 2 star hotel. The staff were helpful and professional. My major gripe is the bathroom facilities, there simply are not enough - there are three showers for an entire floor and this is not acceptable, it means queues and cold water, this is a shame as the rest of the hotel is fine.

Room tip: Get an ensuite room
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

HI Lord Barney,
It is a pleasure to hear that you really appreciate our team and their efforts here at the Jane Hotel. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had trouble with the showers. We have two sets of showers on each floor, and should you find one fully committed please don't hesitate to try another. You might also prefer our Captain's Cabins with the Private bathrooms; they are more spacious and include a Full, Queen or King sized bed. Whenever you have any discomfort please don't hesitate to reach out to the Front Desk for immediate assistance. The Desk can be reached at any time by dialing 0 from the room. We look forward to your next stay.
Wishing Safe Travels,

Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

By the looks and location, you can tell why this is a popular hotel. (The bar can get pretty crowded).

Great bar, really nice restaurant.
Not the best but if you’re okay walking around, you’ll find that its close to really nice restaurants and cafes. Just a bit of a walk from the subway. But hey, if you love to run, you can just cross over to the other side of the road by the Hudson river.

Service was nice. They are not so quick to respond though. But once they knew there was something up, they are quick to apologize and fix it.

Special mentions to Jeff by the bellman and Mohamed by the engineering dept.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

So glad to hear you had such a good time and really enjoy the Jane Hotel locale and team!

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

A very nice hotel in West Village, small and cozy. Very good location to all kinds of shopping and nice restaurants. No breakfast at the hotel and much noise from the road, but anyway a great place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

We're so glad to hear you really enjoy the Jane Hotel and our locale. Our restaurant, Old Rose, offers a continental style breakfast daily, starting at 7am. We look forward to seeing you again.
Cheers,

Reviewed April 27, 2019

The staff at the Jane Hotel was unfriendly and barely agreed to provide me with a copy of a document on which I was required to sign and included my credit card information. The one and only elevator is very slow. The room is extremely tiny at the size of a shocking dungeon. In order to get to the window I had to step on my luggage, and it's a tremendous chutzpah to demand $114 per night including taxes for such an awful, unbearable "room." The shower had only lukewarm water in a thin stream. The check-out clerk did not even have a cash surplus, and he tried to oblige me to pay with the credit card. It was a terrible experience for me, unbearable, and I would never ever again set my foot at the Jane Hotel! I recommended to all my friends to stay away from this "hotel"!!! Honestly, it might be much better to live in a West Village kennel instead.

Room tip: The best room would be in another hotel, not in this awful "hotel"!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Jamie O, Front Office Manager at The Jane, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this experience and most certainly not what our guests have come to expect here at the Jane Hotel. Perhaps we could find the time to chat? I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,