“The Best!”
Review of Yerba Buena

Yerba Buena
Reserve with OpenTable
Yerba Buena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,761 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st & 2nd Streets
Transit: F & V subway lines to 2nd Avenue.
New York, New York, United States
“The Best!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Giovanny's got the best thing going in this intimate restaurant featuring Cuban Fusion fare with constant experimental dishes that simply delight the palate. Best staff in town. Love this place.

Visited June 2013

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Excellent food”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

tried various appetizers and some drinks.. excellent and unique preparation! they were wonderful. great service. would highly recommend this restaurant!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Serendipity”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we were looking late one night for something different to eat and we spied a chap in front smoking on a cigarette who suggest we might go in and try the pulled pork and blackened cod. Why not says I? So in we did trot. We were greeted by a friendly and attentive waiter and as he assisted me with removing my jacket another member of staff placed our water on the table along with some menus. We peruse in silence and take in all the foreign delicacies that lie within and eventually call the waiter to explain what some of the more interesting and unfamiliar specialties might be. We finally settle on a starter of mixed tit bits including chorizo and cheese balls seasoned to perfection. I order the pulled pork with yucca mash and a side of jumbo corn, her the Blackened cod. What was then brought to our table was the most sublime, flavorsome taste explosion I have ever experienced, this combined with the side dish of jumbo corn kernels, lightly flavored with jalapenos was without a shadow of a doubt the best meal I have ever consumed. For those that know me well, know that food is one pf my passions and I have eaten in some fine restaurants, but Yerba Buena is a perfect mix of service, food and atmosphere. If I have one criticism, it is level of noise from the kitchen, but in NY, there is not a lot of room, but Angel (Host) was gracious and provided us with complimentary glasses moscato to hep digest our sumptuous feats. It is a bit pricy for East Village standards, but worth every penny!

Visited April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Funky, interesting food and romancing waiters”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Located in the gritty yet up-an-coming side of Manhattan – the East Village, this hole in the wall joint offers inventive food with South American bent, great mojitos and entertaining service of a waiter who clearly found my friend attractive and charmed her all night. Pity I paid the bill 

Mesquite, Texas
“Not your average brunch drinks”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The biggest advantage of this particular NYC brunch is the wide range of drinks you can choose from for the 1-hour unlimited refills. Yes, we're all accustomed to the mimosas and greyhounds you might experience at a traditional brunch place, even sangria has become normal. But Yerba Buena offers something more.

In addition to the sangria, Bloody Mary, and mimosa offerings, you can also choose a Michelada Picantina, a Brazilian Bellini, or a Pisco Guajava. While I won't spell all three of those out for you, you can definitely look them up on their menu to check. I ordered the Pisco Guajava (pisco, guava juice, and lemon juice) because I'm such a huge fan of the base liquor . It was absolutely fantastic.

Pretty much all of us ordered the fish tacos, which came highly recommended by our waitress. They were delicious, and very true to the restaurant's claimed South American flavor palate. I'm always a big fan of authenticity. Our token guy ordered the Cachapa Benedict and swore up and down his was better than ours. It was definitely more substantial, but I find it hard to imagine liking anything more than those tacos.

Our service was excellent. We arrived early for our reservation and were seated immediately, plus they didn't make us order right away. They let us wait for our entire party so that we could all start the hour of drinking at once. Our waitress was very attentive, kept our glasses filled - and at one point actually brought us larger ones. She even swung by like a minute before our hour was up to see if we wanted one more round before we got cut off.

Obviously, it was a unanimous yes.

Overall, our experience was fantastic and the value was on par with other brunches around the city.