“Realy home away from home!”

The International Cozy Inn
Ranked #24 of 79 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Lovely guest house, comfortable and close to the subway station, as well as bars, restaurants (I recommend the Lenox Lounge, the pearl of Jazz in Harlem, and Sylvia's typical Ristorane sou of Food). Definitely adorable staff, especially Tiffany.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 3, 2009

Hi all you travellers out there!

My name is Eunice and I stayed for 3,5 month at the International Cozy inn and had an amazing experiance. I found the rooms to be really nice and trendy and al though I was worried at first about living in Harlem I can now say I felt safe during al my three months there!

The landlord and her daughter are more then friendly and help you out with your problems no mather what the time of the day is. The neighberhood is safe and the price for the rooms is really good considering it is in Manhattan, it only takes about 15 minuts to time square!

I would deffenitly recomend this place, infact I am planning to return here!

I

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank eunicesweden3
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I had just arrived from a long flight from London and easily found this gem of a place that I had found on the internet. Immediately you feel as though you are in someone's home. A wonderful Victorian building full of character. All the rooms are decorated with passion and a little humour! Very welcoming - your hosts couldn't be more pleasant but real and accommodating. This was a perfect first stop for a potentially stress-filled trip for me, with little money and plenty of business to deal with! I felt relaxed, welcomed, and at home. The large double bed was very comfortable with fresh cotton sheets. The neighbourhood is very easy to find your way around. The subway is only about 2 minutes away. Banks dealing with international cards are very close by, as well as useful local bodegas. If you've had more than enough of Holiday Inn style boxes with no personality whatsoever (in the rooms or behind the front desk!) - then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TerrierLondon
Reviewed March 22, 2009

we were looking for a place to stay in nyc and the Cozy inn seemed a perfect place to stay. So we sent them a mail for some information, not once, not twice, not three times but 4 times with an interval of over a month
But no reaction what so ever. It seems a strange way to deal with potential customers and I always say if you don't get any service before your stay don't expect service at your stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mightygreek
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Great location. For my emergency stay The Cozy Inn truly served my purpose well. This place was easy to locate and the owner was very helpful. They accepted me in the Inn at 11:00 at night on a short notice. The room was very very nice. I had a great night rest. Quiet and peaceful. I applaud the International Cozy Inn. Thank you guys.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank savageelectrical
Reviewed February 5, 2009

This place is authentic. It's a really adorable vintage looking building. I had an opportunity to stay in one of the rooms which I considered to be very clean , quiet and extremely cozy just as their website www.theinternationalcozyinn.com assures you. Their not serving breakfast yet but this place is still great. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here, and I will stay there again for sure. -By the way upon approaching the inn look for cozy sign located above the nail salon and by the door bell.

Debbie Tyner

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Teresa74
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Although this place has no website of its own, I found uniformly attractive online reviews of this place; I realize now, that they were very likely not authentic.

This place does not exist.

When my my boyfriend and I arrived at ICI's address; there was no indication of a hotel. The address given turned out to be a nail salon. The two brownstones at either side appeared untenanted, but we rang every doorbell, anyway; no response. I had phoned earlier (prior to our scheduled arrival time) to let Ms. Mitchell know we were running late, due to delays at the airport, but no one picked up; I left a message. I phoned again, and again there was no reply; I left another message. We then flagged down a passing police car, and asked the officers whether they knew of any such hotel; they didn't, but helped us search for it (and rang all the doorbells, again). No luck. They then drove us to a nearby hostel, and left us their names and badge numbers (I have reported this place to the local precinct). The hostel was able to accommodate us that night, and as ICI appeared to not exist, we made new arrangements for the remaining nights.

The following morning I phoned ICI again, and Ms. Mitchell did pick up. She explained that she'd not got our phone messages because she had a new phone (the number I was phoning, however, was not a new one), but under the circumstances, would refund our deposit. We were to go to ICI and collect it. When we arrived, she was away; we were told that she could not yet reimburse us, as the PayPal payment had not yet cleared (it had actually been confirmed 22 July), but to phone back the next day.
When I phoned the next day, Ms. Mitchell said we had inconvenienced her, but she'd give us back half the deposit, on Friday (the 19th). I explained that if we were not fully reimbursed at once (we'd held to our end of the bargain), we would seek resolution of this matter through Paypal, the BBB (already contacted), and any other relevant agencies. She hung up.

Since then I have notified PayPal, bedandbreakfast.com, my bank, the BBB, and several other agencies regarding this hotel.

Please save you money, and go someplace that has been recommended to you by someone you know; apart from everything else, having to find last-minute hotel accommodations in NYC is EXPENSIVE.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple