The GEM Hotel Chelsea
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$212
$186
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$162
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$127
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

• Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

1,313 results
All reviewsrooms are smallmurray's bagelsgreat locationrooftop decknew yorkthe high linethe penthousethe empire state buildinghotel roomqueen bedup to datefront desk staffsubway stopstreet noisefitness centeraround the cornerfew blocks
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The GEM Hotel Chelsea has quickly become my favorite hotel in NYC. Our room (Penthouse) was clean, spacious, reasonably priced and opened to a private roof top with a beautiful view of The Empire State Building. The friendly staff delivered an amazing 'white-glove' experience in a refreshingly natural manner. Very satisfied!!

Room Tip: Penthouse does a great job at blocking the NYC noise!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GEMChelseaFOM, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Good Day NYC-CEO100, thank you for sharing your superb experience at our boutique hotel.
We are motivated to know that we have exceeded your expectations. Our team is excited to know that they provided you with the excellent service you deserve and come to expect from us at The GEM Hotel at Chelsea. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future to provide you with another amazing visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was a great find for me. Excellent value for money, in my opinion (given that it's downtown NYC, inexpensive rooms are pretty much unavailable). Have stayed 4 times since May 2011 and it's my first choice to see what rates are when I'm thinking about NYC trips.

Location can't be beat, rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly and helpful (and even though I'm not a regular still remember me). Yes, rooms are really small, but I'm not spending a lot of time in it. I'd much rather have a small and clean room than a larger dumpy one. I actually prefer being on the street side, makes me feel like I'm in NYC. Plus I get a little claustrophobic with inside rooms. Lots to see and do nearby. I think all the rooms have double or queen beds, so have to share if traveling with a friend.

tip: this is part of the Choice Hotels network. Become a Choice Privileges member (for free) and you can book the advance, non-refundable rate. It's not refundable, so if there's even the least bit uncertainty don't book it that way. I've made regular reservations, then when my trip became certain booked at the advance rate and cancelled the regular reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Greetings dcdenizen9, thank you sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We are so motivated that you are a loyal guest and that you remember us when you visit New York. The GEM Chelsea is an ideal location because there are many restaurants and nearby places to see. It is such a delight to know that you felt the kindness and warmness that characterizes the quality of service provided by our staff. Your kind words about the cleanliness of our guest rooms are greatly appreciated. We feel you have made our hotel your home away from home and we can’t wait to make another memorable stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The room was very tidy and clean.
It is not too expensive and it has all the amenities needed.
Also, it has a very good wireless internet connection.
Finally, the staff is very friendly and kind.
The location is good and calm. Its close the subway that can take you anywhere in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
GEMChelseaFOM, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Good Day Smsbs, thank you for your review about your stay. We are glad that you have found our hotel to your liking. Providing the right hotel amenities is a must for us because we want to make sure all of our guests, just like you, enjoy a memorable visit. Our team is so happy to hear your kind words about their hospitality. I agree with you the subway station is a great benefit for guests traveling up or down town. We all would be honored to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Gem Ascend Collection has an excellent location in Chelsea. We caught the subway at the next block to go both uptown and downtown. Lots of nice restaurants nearby. The room was very clean and well maintained. It's New York so expect a small room size.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings KeyWestGuyinMD, thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the neighborhood. Our location does have many exciting restaurants and evening entertainment to choose from. We are happy that you have liked your room and hope you will stay with us on your next visit to New York!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My room was small and a dump, stains on the walls and around the windows with a disgusting cheesy foot smell throughout the room, cigarette burns on the bed throw and a window that would not shut completely and thus let in all the sound of the city. On checkout the lift was out of use and had to lug my bags down the stairs... was glad to leave

Staff were friendly and provided a room freshener.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TravellingF00die
GEMChelseaFOM, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear TravellingF00die, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us and let me assure you that this is not a typical guest experience. We will take your review and use it to improve on the experience for our future guests and hopefully for you, if you can give us another chance to wow your stay. We are deep cleaning all of our guest rooms and public areas on a constant basis and if it is fine with you I would like to know what room number you were occupying so I can make sure we fix the items what you have said. I would also, like to thank you for your kind words about our staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service and please let me know if you would like to return so that I can make sure everything is perfect for your stay!

Regards,