$235
$205
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$189
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$301
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$357
$251
$391
$345
Doubletree.com
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$149
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$130
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$192
$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

1,320 results
All reviewsrooms are smallmurray's bagelsgreat locationrooftop deckthe high linenew yorkthe penthousethe empire state buildingqueen bedup to datehotel roomfront desk staffsubway stopstreet noisefitness centerfew blockstimes square
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was a great find for me. Excellent value for money, in my opinion (given that it's downtown NYC, inexpensive rooms are pretty much unavailable). Have stayed 4 times since May 2011 and it's my first choice to see what rates are when I'm thinking about NYC trips.

Location can't be beat, rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly and helpful (and even though I'm not a regular still remember me). Yes, rooms are really small, but I'm not spending a lot of time in it. I'd much rather have a small and clean room than a larger dumpy one. I actually prefer being on the street side, makes me feel like I'm in NYC. Plus I get a little claustrophobic with inside rooms. Lots to see and do nearby. I think all the rooms have double or queen beds, so have to share if traveling with a friend.

tip: this is part of the Choice Hotels network. Become a Choice Privileges member (for free) and you can book the advance, non-refundable rate. It's not refundable, so if there's even the least bit uncertainty don't book it that way. I've made regular reservations, then when my trip became certain booked at the advance rate and cancelled the regular reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
GEMChelseaFOM, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Greetings dcdenizen9, thank you sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We are so motivated that you are a loyal guest and that you remember us when you visit New York. The GEM Chelsea is an ideal location because there are many restaurants and nearby places to see. It is such a delight to know that you felt the kindness and warmness that characterizes the quality of service provided by our staff. Your kind words about the cleanliness of our guest rooms are greatly appreciated. We feel you have made our hotel your home away from home and we can’t wait to make another memorable stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The room was very tidy and clean.
It is not too expensive and it has all the amenities needed.
Also, it has a very good wireless internet connection.
Finally, the staff is very friendly and kind.
The location is good and calm. Its close the subway that can take you anywhere in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
GEMChelseaFOM, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Good Day Smsbs, thank you for your review about your stay. We are glad that you have found our hotel to your liking. Providing the right hotel amenities is a must for us because we want to make sure all of our guests, just like you, enjoy a memorable visit. Our team is so happy to hear your kind words about their hospitality. I agree with you the subway station is a great benefit for guests traveling up or down town. We all would be honored to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Gem Ascend Collection has an excellent location in Chelsea. We caught the subway at the next block to go both uptown and downtown. Lots of nice restaurants nearby. The room was very clean and well maintained. It's New York so expect a small room size.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings KeyWestGuyinMD, thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the neighborhood. Our location does have many exciting restaurants and evening entertainment to choose from. We are happy that you have liked your room and hope you will stay with us on your next visit to New York!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My room was small and a dump, stains on the walls and around the windows with a disgusting cheesy foot smell throughout the room, cigarette burns on the bed throw and a window that would not shut completely and thus let in all the sound of the city. On checkout the lift was out of use and had to lug my bags down the stairs... was glad to leave

Staff were friendly and provided a room freshener.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TravellingF00die
GEMChelseaFOM, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear TravellingF00die, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us and let me assure you that this is not a typical guest experience. We will take your review and use it to improve on the experience for our future guests and hopefully for you, if you can give us another chance to wow your stay. We are deep cleaning all of our guest rooms and public areas on a constant basis and if it is fine with you I would like to know what room number you were occupying so I can make sure we fix the items what you have said. I would also, like to thank you for your kind words about our staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service and please let me know if you would like to return so that I can make sure everything is perfect for your stay!

Regards,

chelsea.fom@thegemhotel.com

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Gem hotel, very nice and conveniently situated next to a great Delicatessen/restaurant where we got our cappuccino every morning with on the go croissant. Great place! Gem Hotel had some lovely staff, helful and approachable. Our experience at this hotel was dampened by a flood taking place. We woke up to one of the neighbours vacating the room at some ludicrous hour as his sprinklers began to jet out water. The corridors and other rooms were being flooded. Hotel staff in this instance were USELESS and UNPROFESSIONAL. No measures were taken to ensure guests were vacated as we could smell gas. A guest called the fire brigade whilst my daughter asked all guests on that floor to vacate. Reception staff were confrontational, unhelpful and unapologetic. We had to move rooms but with no help getting rom 4th to 2nd floor by stairs. Rooms were tiny but functional for their needs. Would use again despite this. Also a nice touch are the gem stones given to guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GEMChelseaFOM, Front Office Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear NottinghamJoanne, we sincerely appreciate your review and on the behalf of our team and myself, we are deeply sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We typically get very good reviews on our staff and hotel and do our best to respond quickly when notified of any problems. Your comments and concerns enrich our spirits to service our guests at a higher level. I know how you have felt and agree consistency should be cared out in the same manner. We always strive to ensure the complete satisfaction of our guests and we would be honored if you choose to with us again so we can WOW your stay.