“Great Sandwiches”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I got the Chef's selection of the day which was a steak and soft egg sandwich with cheese and kale. It was excellent and prices were not much more than the same type of place in Maryland. The added bonus was that we saw Giada de Laurentiis while we were waiting for our food. Good enough for her good enough for me.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

'wichcraft met our expectations, but they weren't very high. The prices are quite high for standard paninis and such, and the food isn't extraordinary. It is a good quick option though, and the environment is nice. It's certainly better than Subway and about the same as Panera. We will most likely be back, but only because its a convenient option.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wichcraft has the tastiest, freshest sandwiches! The BLT was amazing with fresh, thick tomatoes, and crispy bacon The aioly (sp) had a bit of a bite which was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've had several 'wiches from here over the past year, the heritage ham, berkshire pork and the summertime BLT. The ham and pork sandwiches are good but heavy on the mustard so it overpowers the rest of the 'wich. I give them an OK for flavor and the portion size is small for what you're paying.

The BLT is SUPERB! I just had one today and it is positively mouthwatering, with grilled not toasted country bread (you'd be surprised at what a difference it makes), a generous portion of crisp-chewy thick-cut bacon, crisp lettuce and a ginormous slice of a ripe green tomato - all of this slathered with fresh mayo. This has got to be the most perfect sandwich made anywhere anytime. It is enormous and definitely worth the $$$, unlike the other two I mentioned.

A small bag of very salty Tim's Chips is only $1.15 - they are crispy and tasty, but again, way too salty for me.

A small fruit salad is almost $3 - and by small, I mean one cup and no more. The saving grace is that there is plenty of pineapple, mango, blackberries and blueberries, unlike other delis that pack a fruit salad with the ubiquitous and cheaper fruits such as canteloupe and honeydew. Still, $3 is a lot of money for fruit, even though it is tasty and has been picked in its prime.

The desserts are virtually non-existent; where are the brownies? Chocolate chip cookies? The only thing resembling a decent sweet is the mini-chocolate cupcake, but it is small and hardly satisfying. I get it that Tom Colicchio is focused on the 'wiches, but come on, almost everyone is looking for that perfect ending to the perfect 'wich. And ok, so 'wichcraft doesn't want to bake, but there are tons of wholesalers that create delicious pre-packaged goodies (Fat Witch comes to mind and to me that's a perfect match - 'wich and Witch - get it? ha ha)

I've always had delivery service and my orders have generally come in under 45 minutes, which is what I expect.

I like them and I do look forward to the emails that hail seasonal specialties such as the BLT, which is FANTASTIC. Get one. Today!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I got a sandwich to go for a book signing at the reading room in Bryant Park. It was pricey at $10, but it was pretty good. Got the roasted turkey which is not seasonal. Had bacon, avocado, aoili and the sandwich maker: onion jam. You can buy it Williams Sonoma, but I wanted to see what the original makers did with it. Tasty and filling. I admit I was impressed with the service or speed, but that's my problem. It's a sandwich from a booth. And it was good.