“Real NY tours done Real Damn Good!”

Real New York Tours
Ranked #2 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Original NYC Walking & Subway Tour Celebrating our 10th Year! Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 13, 2013

As you can obviously tell from their #1 status, Real NY tours is doing something right. Well, after our 6hr private tour extravaganza with Gregory on 9/11 - I concur 1000% !!! From the prompt, pleasent, and professional initial contact with both Amber & Luke setting up our tour via email before we arrived in NYC to the end of our day with Greg, I couldnt have asked for a better experience. As a fellow small business owner, I strive for excellence in every facet of my business and so I truly appreciate when I come across people that treat their customers the same way. It makes all the difference in the world.

We got to see so much of the city, learn about different areas both from a historical standpoint as well as interesting pop culture stories as Gregory weaved his way through central park, chelsea, meat packing district, just to name a few. I wanted to have a sense of NYC from a local's perspective, try some local food & beer, and just "take it in" versus sitting on some god awful double dutch bus tour like so many people seem to do. Heck, I was getting texts from Gregory later that evening just checking in on my wife & I seeing how dinner was, etc? Who does that !?!? (Btw...Patsy's Italian was a good call, brotha! The veal chop was slap your momma good!)

This is THE real deal, people - so do yourself a favor and stop reading reviews and go book a tour with Real New York Tours now. You'll be happy you did - just like after reading the best damn review ever :)

JYinKY

1  Thank JYinKY
Write a ReviewReviews (5,516)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Gregory. He was incredibly knowledgeable, charming and engaging. As a former actor, his presentation was superb and he certainly knows how to hold an audience's interest. We found out so much about New York - far more than we could ever have learnt on our own. There was a mix of nationalities and ages in our group, but everyone enjoyed the tour. We had a stop for cookies in Greenwich village and saw the house where friends was filmed (my 17 year old daughter's personal highlight!) and ice creams in Little Italy. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting New York!

1  Thank Helen8576
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Jimmy could not have been a better guide! This tour was so informative. It gave us an good insight into American History from a man who is clearly very passionate about his country. We thoroughly enjoyed the day and the help didn't end there with Jimmy responding via text messages to questions and offering suggestions. If you do any tour in New York make sure it is a REAL NEW YORK TOUR!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a superb tour. We did this on our first day here in NYC, and it gave us a great grounding for the rest of our time here. Mindy was our guide - great lady, very much a NY girl, and a walking encyclopaedia on NYC. We walked till we dropped (it was 94 deg!), saw heaps of great things we wouldn't have otherwise seen, and got lots of useful tips for the rest of our holiday. It's quite expensive but, hey, you get what you pay for! Thoroughly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Aaron B was great! When I told the kids (13 and 17) that we were going on a 6 hour walking tour they thought I was crazy but it turned out to be the favorite part of their trip. It even rained most of the day but we didn't care, we had a great time. Thanks for a great time!