“Big Steaks, Large portions.”

Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 50th Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 50th Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,011 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street (Between 6th & 7th)
Transit: 49th - 50th Streets - Rockefeller Center
Reviewed July 14, 2018

Located just off Times Square, Bobby Van's is part of a chain of Steakhouses, but this one is a delight. Good food, large portions, and the steaks are to die for. Friendly, professional service, and a well designed menu to suit all palates. But although excellent, it is not cheap, so be prepared to splash out, the experience will be well worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We were absolutely delighted to walk by and choose Bobby Van’s after a great visit to the Top of the Rock, and a great evening just got better! Mike our waiter was a delight as an old school professional with very gentle and helpful advice and the ribeye steaks we had were the best ever. I was also grateful for an excellent recommendation on the Goose Island IPA.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018

While we have been going to Broadway for years and always having a pre theater dinner locally we decided to try the infamous Bobby Vans. Established since 1969 [how did it last ] we assumed it was a local standard for steak and chops . Well, we couldn't have been more disappointed in the mainstay of the Theater district. First glance the decor is old school not in a good way.The dreary tired look of the place with the waiters in uniform looked like it was all forgiven because of its great food. Well, to put it briefly the wine was spoiled the veal Milanese was so overdone with a pile of arugula on the side, the steak was just over raw and the service was awful.When complained of the wine tasting way off the wine steward even said 'yea i thought so when tasted the end of the bottle'' WHY did you service it then if you knew it was off? Trying to get a busboy to clear the table was nearly impossible and to get the check so as to not miss the opening act!
Pass on the relic and save your money here its expensive and just a lost soul .

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank gary c
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I’ve been to Bobby Van’s on a number of occasions and I’ve always had a superb meal. Not this time. I was on a business trip, so on my own and it was about 9:30: after seeing Phantom, and it was too late for me, to order a steak. So I had salmon, a salad and a beer. Salmon was really over cooked and I would normally have sent it back, but I was tired and just wanted to get to the hotel. Very disappointed. Hopefully this was just a once off and the next time I go, I’ll def8nitely have a steak!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Can’t say enough about Bobby Van’s - from giant-sized martinis, perfectly prepared filet (husband and 2 boys enjoyed) and waiter-recommended Chilean sea bass that I am always wary to order but this was so fantastic thinking I need to go back again.

The W recommended us - and we were even helped by the host to get our Broadway tix printed.

Date of visit: June 2018