“ordinary”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was loud (almost impossible to hear anyone at your table talk), the service was poor and the food was ordinary. I wouldn't go back again. The food had a lot a grease. The waiters really could care less about the customers. There are much better places to eat. I don't understand why people like it.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Every year my husband visit NY and every year we make it a point to come here. Ginger's has a nice atmosphere. Some of the staff is friendly, but the others not so. I would not consider this also a handicap restaurant since the restrooms are downstairs. Many steps to take. The food though is outstanding. My favorite is the won ton soup. It's not like your typical soup. It is a vegetable filled, won ton soup in a delicious broth. My husbands favorite is there orange beef. It's crispy slices of beef in a wonderful sauce. Never to be disappointed. We have never been disappointed with any of the selections here. I would consider this a must for the NY traveler.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is one place we never miss for a lunch while in NYC. The food is always good and service is pretty fast. It is also very affordable by NYC standards. Gingers is always busy at lunch but eh tables turn quickly. A bit noisey and tightly seated for business meetings. Not our top choice for dinner, but definatley for lunch.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you're looking for an upmarket dining experience, forget it. The tables are very close together and it's a pretty basic (but clean) environment. Service is pretty good and the food is excellent. Scallops in black bean sauce and beef with green peppers were both great (al dente veg is unusual in a Chinese restaurant). By no means an "occasion" restaurant but great for a quick meal. Would recommend it.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Get to Ginger's for dinner at 6:00 because by 7:00 it will be packed. The service is charming and the food is delicious. I ordered fried tofu which was not on the menu and they accomodated me like any fine restaurant. It was fantastic. I also liked the beef in brown sauce.