“Roomy Retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Wall Street

Eurostars Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Front St, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Ranked #379 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Santa Ana, California
“Roomy Retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Just got back and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I booked through Hotwire and was not given the name or exact location until my card was processed. After being assigned to this hotel in the Wall Street area I was concerned about being so far from my preferred area. Anyhow, I did email Eurostar in advance requesting a room with 2 beds. Upon arrival, I was granted my request and more! We were assigned to a huge room on the 6th floor with an additional couch and two closets! The room was very clean and had 3 big beautiful windows. The room also had a microwave and minifridge. Front desk and maid service was good and efficient. We managed getting around to all our activities and sites by using the nearby subway system.

Room Tip: Send a friendly email in advance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank taurusmay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Let me see if I can paint you a picture. I roll my luggage down Wall St, and hang a left onto Front Street. As I get close to where I thought Eurostars is, I see an awning that says "Hotel Wall Street". There was a flag over it, but it was wound up (probably in shame). I finally noticed the faint writing on the window that said "Eurostars". I went in the door, and noticed that there are stairs up to the lobby (not the most accessible, but that is the least of their problems). I got 1/2 way up the stairs before, what I assume was the bellhop, got up from the couch and 1/2 pretended to offer help.

Now let me say that I stayed here before a long time ago. The bed was so hard, it was like sleeping on the floor. I had to ask for extra pillows, and they ended up bringing me another comforter, which I doubled and slept on top of. Well, this time I saw that they had "updated" the hotel, which I hoped had included the beds. Nope. The next morning I mentioned how hard the beds were. The guy at the front desk said "really?" like he had never heard that before. Really insulting. He then said "All of our beds are the same, there shouldn't be a problem." Then, in a complete contradiction he offered to move me to another room. I then asked the obvious question "If all the beds are the same, how will that help?" I asked him to send up extra pillows, so I could sleep on them. He said he would.

That night, no pillows. Whatever. I was in town for work, and didn't have time to deal with crappy hotel service. Now let's take a minute to notice some of the other lacking aspects of the hotel room. There was no guide for the tv channels, despite the idea that most guests are from out of town and don't know what the channels are. There was no hotel book with basic information, like numbers to reach the concierge, restaurant hours, gym information, etc. Nothing. Not one piece of hotel information in the room.

The next morning, I was in the bathroom, and look down. Next to my feet is a parasite looking bug swarming around the room. I kill it, notice another one and kill that. On my way out the door, I tell the front office that I killed 2 gross bugs in my bathroom. He remembers me at the guest he sent pillows up to. I let him know I never got them. He looks confused, refers to a clip board, and says he will take care of the bug issue, and be sure pillows are sent up.

That night - still no pillows. The next morning, two more bugs, and I notice a dark kinky hair on the floor of the bathroom. I really don't understand why people need to come in and "clean" my room. I mean they move my toothbrush, invariably putting germs on it for no reason. They move my things around, and leave the bugs and their hair on the floor.

The last day, I found one more of those nasty bugs. I had about had it. This time, I grabbed a cup and trapped it. Then I caught a little video of it moving around in the cup, to illustrate the disgusting-ness of this hotel stay. (sorry can't post link) I showed it to the two guys at the front desk, when I was checking out. They looked dumbfounded. Didn't offer to refund any part of my stay and just let me leave without attempting to fix any part of the stay.

When they asked if I would stay there again I said "I think not."

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
14 Thank Misscrf

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We booked this little gem, sight unseen from Expedia and were over joyed with the out come. The room was clean, nicely decorated and located perfectly to all the sights in lower Manhattan, parking garages and the Metro system. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel for the money!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa F
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It's a charm. It's a tiny tiny individual brick/stone building surrounded by tall modern skyscrapers. When you stand at the front door and look up, do a 180-degree sweep, all of a sudden you feel that you're a LEGO man!

I stayed for 1-night, it was freezing cold and snowy. It's not exactly the prime area for all the entertainment in NYC. However, over the spring/summer months - it's minutes by foot to the piers that heads out of town, with a park in the area too. Those who are staying in the area for more than a few days, with the time to enjoy NYC, no harm in staying a bit further from all the lights. Less noise, less traffic, yet it's about 20-minutes to all the action.

The rooms are huge (at least the one I stayed-in). Seems like it's more of an apartment. However, no hot water in the shower - but there were in the wash basin, strange.

Nothing fancy either. Seems that the furniture looks more like from IKEA put together by the handyman and some soon to fall apart though.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Arnold W M
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice , clean, not so bad located ( I mean its not on time square) but quiet and near a subway ( near all of the lines actually).

The staff was really nice and helpfull!

Ill recommend this hotel for friends and familys!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Worldwide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you're in NYC for business or to see the WTC site, then the location is great, if not...refill your Metrocard. We stayed in one of the EWS corner suites which are spacious and include a kitchen, bedroom and small bathroom. The bed was queen sized and the pillows throw sized -- we had them replaced after a restless first night. Overall, the hotel could use a bit of sprucing up. Hallways and elevator are a little beat up as were the corners of walls and mouldings in the rooms. In the bathroom, the towel rack was coming out of the wall. I wouldn't give this hotel the 4-Star rating it has, but it would make a great 3-Star...especially for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We booked this the day before for New Year's Eve and managed to get a decent price. Room was quite large for NYC standards and the staff was very friendly. Only complaint was that the bed was not all that comfortable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple