“Lives Up to its Reputation”
Review of Carnegie Hall

$49.00*
and up
New York All Loops Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This landmark performance center features everything from intimate solo artists to grand-scale musicals. Superb restaurants, a museum and gift shop make for a memorable visit.
Pleasanton, California
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Lives Up to its Reputation”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It is just amazing to sit in such a famous and historical venue. So many famous artists have "played" here! We were at Carnegie Hall for a graduation ceremony. We appreciated the ambiance and the architecture.

I can see that it would be worthwhile to come back for a concert.

Visited May 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Vatican of Music”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Perhaps I'm running the risk that someone will think I'm overestimated it. I would say that it is possible, however it isn't due to just a first and only experience, but to many concerts I've could attempted there. The first one was on April 2000 with Alfred Brendel recital and the most recent one was the MET orchestra with David Robertson on May 2012. I don't live in NYC since 2001, but I’m always visiting Carnegie every time I’m back in town. The historical facts connected to the hall are intangible. All great composer/musician since the end of the XIX century had been at that stage.
The acoustic is well known, even though there are many critics after the refurnish on 1986.
If you’re looking for best cost/benefits, I would advise seats on the sides of the balcony around N°70 or 71. Although it is in the top of the hall, the sound still great and maybe one of the best views of the entire hall.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank GIAROLA
Harriman, TN
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Everything and more!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place was everything you have read or heard about. Clean, impressive, and sound wise it could not have been better.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Grand old Hall”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been coming to Carnegie Hall since I was a child and now my husband and I have a series of concerts there every year. It is one of the most perfect places to listen to music, the acoustics are perfect. It's also nice to just sit and listen to the music and look around at the beauty of the hall.

Visited June 2013
Memphis
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting place to see, but tour is not worth the money.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Carnegie Hall is a spectacular performance hall with a great history, however, the tour guide was so soft spoken that we couldn't hear half of what she was saying. Also, the ushers around the building were downright rude, complaining about our presence as we passed through their sections, pushing their way rudely through our group, and loudly closing doors before we were even completely through them. Very disappointing tour...

Visited April 2013