“not as much back stage as I expected”
Review of Carnegie Hall

The Russian Tea Room Dining Experience
$84.00*
TV and Movie Locations Tour with Official NBC Studios Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This landmark performance center features everything from intimate solo artists to grand-scale musicals. Superb restaurants, a museum and gift shop make for a memorable visit.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had fun on this tour, but although it was called a backstage tour it really only showed you 'front of house' - namely the main auditorium. Still lots of fun and our tour guide was a font of knowledge and passionate about the venue. We were able to see people setting up for a performance from the front row of the auditorium. It was nice to hear the history of this magnificent venue and I'm glad they spent the time and money to restore it, as opposed to tear it down. Having done the tour once though I don't think I would need to do it again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful hour seeing this historic concert hall and hearing about it's history. Very knowkedgable guide who made it's history live. Highly recomnend.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Its several halls provide old opulence and good acoustics for various artists who perform classic but eclectic programs.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

What an amazing place to see! The history is beyond compare and the building itself beautiful. Our daughter sang with a choir group. What an amazing experience for all

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Andrew Carnegie would be proud that this recently renovated, historical hall (CH) remains a classic venue for artists to perform. Shortly after it was saved from demise, CH hosted many of the world's best performers, writers, and others. Nearly everything about this hall is near perfection, I was mildy disappointed at the sound during a concert (I was seated in row M, center). Visually, the hall is awesome, but I wonder if the sound engineers for this concert made an error tonight. Would I return? Absolutely.